Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fluoxetine jaw clenching

Fluoxetine jaw clenching

I am currently on week 3 and the jaw clenching is killing me off my cheek is bitten to shreads and i am in so much pain but i feal great in my self apart from this jaw thing and sharp pains in the head. Anyone else with these side effects my anxiety has almost gone and i feel stress free and i havent in a very long time if i was to be honest with my self.

Re: Fluoxetine jaw clenching

Hi
    i get the same side effect on Citalopram , only just restarted it few days ago. I always try to relax my face and my mouth to stop it. I think it should eventually go once your body is used to the meds.

Thanks for the reply its a bloody night mare but ppl get much worse so i shouldnt complain i got a thing with my eyes too which i now its anxiety see all shapes and lines in normal vision weird comes and goes

If you can try to download some relaxation app to help you to tense & relax muscles. I find it quite helpful for the anxiety as well.
    and yes today I could see all this lines in my normal vision while I was driving , really weird lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mindsight View Post
    Anyone else with these side effects

Jaw clenching/grinding (bruxism) is a reasonably common initial side-effect of many antidepressants with fluoxetine, sertraline and venlafaxine being a little more likely to trigger it. It may be caused more by the common increase in anxiety when first taking ADs than a direct affect of the med. In most cases it is short-lived, but it can linger for some. Talk to you GP as there are ways of easing it. Muscle relaxants, including diazepam, are usually effective.

Yes I had this too- I kept biting the skin in my mouth too. It was a nuisance - but it didn’t last long. I found if I let it be- it went. X

Thank you guys for the replys its been a long year but i finally went to the doctor for the ads and now i hope to be living a less anxiety filled life well i hope

Well done for coping so long with anxiety without meds. I am pleased to see you are feeling better since taking them though. Wishing you all the best. Just please stay on them if they help you as I have come off of them 3 times only to have to go through the whole process again but with a higher dose and it takes longer to kick in each time. X

Hey Mitch

Do a search fors TMJ is common anxiety symptom

Terry left some good info

I dunno how to make search here

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    Hey Mitch

Do a search fors TMJ is common anxiety symptom

Terry left some good info

I dunno how to make search here
    Thanks Charlie, might be this one:

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...ight=clenching

Try this exercise out, Mindsight. If that book I link to in that thread is still working there are some in there too. Also, as Ian says, this might be a result of raised levels of anxiety as a side effect. Do you feel a lot more anxious than before you started it? If so, it will hopefully reduce as the med side effects calm down but otherwise working on reducing overall levels of anxiety will likely reduce this as an anxiety symptom regardless just as it does for muscular tension type symptoms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information