Page 101 of 152 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1520

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    So personally I think you will never be free of your OCD and anxiety because you can't be bothered to put your recovery first and will ALWAYS blame others for your failure to recover.
    And will ALWAYS be posting the SSDD on the forums

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    starting your reply off with this say it all really!

The thing you fail to realise and appreciate despite everyone on here telling you is that you need to put your recovery before any of that... yes even before work if you have to..... if you don't put your recovery first you will never recover because you will always be too busy to do it.

So personally I think like your therapist that you will never be free of your OCD and anxiety because you can't be bothered to put your recovery first and will ALWAYS blame others for your failure to recover..... she probably saw that too
    I doubt the therapist thought thought I would always have it due to what’s posted on message boarded. I never told her what I posted online.

Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    I don't reckon many people wash their hands after putting something in the bin, and most bins have had unpleasant things in them at some point. Like most anxiety issues, your fears aren't rational Phil. We can all relate to that. The trouble is that you seem more motivated to prove whether these things did or didn't happen, rather than trying to accept that they might have happened and it doesn't matter either way. Have you had a look at any of the self-help tools people have advised?
    Yes but it’s a small chance she touched the bin and not washed her hands like 5% vs 95% because the door was already shut so she probably did wash her hands. It’s similar to the letter box issue I worried a letter came from the bin 5% chance but the ocd makes you believe it really did. People telling me to believe that it DID come from the bin doesn’t help when they don’t know my circumstances and could be vastly over reacting. I get that people don’t wash there hands after bins but it’s not a world I would choose to live in.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I get that people don’t wash there hands after bins but it’s not a world I would choose to live in.
    And there we have it. It sounds to me like you think everyone else should adapt to live within your OCD rules, just like Venus said. That is not realistic, nor will it help you. Your anxieties will just switch to other things, as we've seen with the recent posts about flying, London, and washing machines. Once again, you'll only get on top of your OCD if you choose to face it head on and challenge it. So, did you look at any of the self-help tools people have recommended?

Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    And there we have it. It sounds to me like you think everyone else should adapt to live within your OCD rules, just like Venus said. That is not realistic, nor will it help you. Your anxieties will just switch to other things, as we've seen with the recent posts about flying, London, and washing machines. Once again, you'll only get on top of your OCD if you choose to face it head on and challenge it. So, did you look at any of the self-help tools people have recommended?
    Yes I had a look

Im realistic I can have a bit of ocd but it’s a bit annoying when it takes over I use to suffer mild hand washing and it wasn’t too bad. My goal is for it to be less intrusive.

And yes you are right I believe that’s because despite the big events being over my anxiety hasn’t reset to a lower level it’s still in “wedding mode” I have no idea why?

I doubt the therapist thought thought I would always have it due to what’s posted on message boarded. I never told her what I posted online.
    Nope, I meant your atitude towards things.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I have no idea why?
    Could it be that nothing has really changed in 13 years?

Seriously... In your very first post, you mention suffering for several years prior, making this something you've been dealing with for roughly half your life. I ask again... What is the point of posting on public forums if you're not going to or unable to help yourself?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Could it be that nothing has really changed in 13 years?

Seriously... In your very first post, you mention suffering for several years prior, making this something you've been dealing with for roughly half your life. I ask again... What is the point of posting on public forums if you're not going to or unable to help yourself?

Positive thoughts
    Well atleast I am trying to improve I could simply sit and do nothing and not get advice

But you do need to act on that advice Phil - not just ask for it and then ignore it all.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    But you do need to act on that advice Phil - not just ask for it and then ignore it all.
    I don’t ignore it but the information doesn’t get through.

Page 101 of 152 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast

Thread Information