Thread: Funny taste in mouth

Funny taste in mouth

I’ve had a salty taste like when I cut my teeth or something in my mouth can this be a symptom of anxiety? I’ve been getting worked up about it tonight. I did forget to brush my teeth last night sometimes that may not help? I googled it and it said things like colds can cause it? It goes away if I forget it or brush my teeth

Re: Funny taste in mouth

Seen this on the symptoms page on here

Lack of appetite or taste, a tinny, metallic or ammonia smell or taste

What you feel:

Sometimes you just don’t feel like eating, or the thought of food is unappealing. Or, that even though you are eating, the food has no taste or is unsatisfying.
    You have a persistent ‘tinny’, ‘metallic’ or ‘ammonia’ smell in your nose, or you taste it often and it’s not from your food or environment. Often it’s just there, but you can’t figure out why
    What causes this:

Similar to the other stomach related symptoms, loss of appetite is a result of an upset stomach due to the sustained increase in digestive action. Loss of taste occurs because taste buds are nerves, and an over stimulated nervous system can send false signals to the brain which means that sometimes we can experience odd, dulled or incorrect sensory perceptions (since our receptive senses are controlled and interpreted by the nervous system). The loss of taste because of this miscommunication or misinterpretation by the over stimulated nervous does occur. This is another example of how we can receive incorrect or inaccurate sensory perceptions because of an over stimulated nervous system.

My anxiety tells me it’s worse but it could be related to the above?

Definitely the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Definitely the above.
    Thanks how long might this last? I was worried today but I relaxed a bit and went about my shopping but when I’m bored I think about symptoms more

As long as a piece of string, or probably as long as you keep thinking about it.

Thread Information