Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Well done, Toby! Proud of you

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Well done, Toby! Proud of you
    Thanks, a waste of £5 tbh

I just know that if I order any of these kits online in the future then I'll destroy it straight away. Hopefully that'll deter me from doing it in the first place

Good job, Toby! Now let that be symbolic of you taking some measure of control over things, if you can. You had in your possession a resource that you believed could give you some sort of closure -- but you knew yourself and your nature enough to understand that it wasn't going to fix anything, so you intervened in your own cycle. Try to take heart from that in future!

Cool ! Pleased to hear this.

Well done Toby a real achievement

Thank you everyone! I just don't think I could've coped if it read positive for blood

I'm still experiencing these 'pains'

They're very mild but sometimes they can feel like mild cramps on the left side of my abdomen, like VERY mild and quickly over. Just like everyday normal pains that everyone gets BUT for some reason mine are usually in the same sort of location which is what worries me. If the pains were widespread I wouldn't be worried

It's not like severe cramping either, just enough to be noticeable- I also don't think it's due to anxiety either

I did have large meal tonight HOWEVER one night I randomly had the sensations despite not having as much to eat that night compared to the amount I'd normally have

I don't know what to do, I must've said this a million times in this thread but I really don't know what to do. I can just sense that it's something bad

If they performed a colonoscopy on me now, I can almost guarantee that they'd find a tumour in my descending colon

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I know its not for looking up bum holes, but people might use it for that surely and calling it by that name..>>>! This is entirely irresponsible to be selling such a thing. Home testing is going down risky routes for sure in general, soon GPs will be out of the loop. 'We' are going backwards in terms of our physical health, but ironically with more home kit at our disposal.

Thanks for posting Steph, and I wanted to say that it is ENTIRELY an understandable reason that your BC caused you to think of secondary cancers and wanted testing. I know how it is, when you are on high alert in those following years.
    I'm waiting for the day we get such a thread.

I agree, an endoscope is for medical use. It was quite clearly not aimed at that looking at the box. Googling them will bring up inspection cameras too which are not the same either. I'm surprised they are allowed to do it but it's probably that it's never been challenged before?

Toby, good work binning the FOB kit. Eliminating your self testing is important. As for the rest you know what we would say and that it is time to take action on pulling yourself out of the spiral with activities and techniques.

Thanks!

And I know, I think some people are right when they say that this forum is my 'crutch' because I just come here all frightened whenever I get symptoms as if you guys can wave a magic wand and make it all better and it makes me realize that I'm not alone and you're all so nice - unfortunately no one can make it better, besides me (arguably) but I don't know at what point I might start to realise that maybe it's not colon cancer? Right now I am stuck in that spiral of just waiting for the next symptom and of course I'm worrying about the pains

I don't want to of course stop using the forum but without the doctors granting me a test, which I know you're all against of course, I'm stuck

And I know that everyone thinks that if I get the all-clear on this, I'll move on to something else. And that's probably correct- but that 'something else' won't be as threatening as this, and will therefore be easier to combat. This feels so huge to me, like an exceptional worry unlike any health concern I've dealt with before because of how alarming blood in BMs actually is. And then the colour conundrum which I can't let go of

And then therapy just doesn't work for me. It still feels too much like avoidance and ignorance to what I perceive to be the real problem of cancer

So whichever way I look at it, I'm always gonna lose in this situation

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Thanks!

And I know, I think some people are right when they say that this forum is my 'crutch' because I just come here all frightened whenever I get symptoms as if you guys can wave a magic wand and make it all better and it makes me realize that I'm not alone and you're all so nice - unfortunately no one can make it better, besides me (arguably) but I don't know at what point I might start to realise that maybe it's not colon cancer? Right now I am stuck in that spiral of just waiting for the next symptom and of course I'm worrying about the pains

I don't want to of course stop using the forum but without the doctors granting me a test, which I know you're all against of course, I'm stuck

And I know that everyone thinks that if I get the all-clear on this, I'll move on to something else. And that's probably correct- but that 'something else' won't be as threatening as this, and will therefore be easier to combat. This feels so huge to me, like an exceptional worry unlike any health concern I've dealt with before because of how alarming blood in BMs actually is. And then the colour conundrum which I can't let go of

And then therapy just doesn't work for me. It still feels too much like avoidance and ignorance to what I perceive to be the real problem of cancer

So whichever way I look at it, I'm always gonna lose in this situation
    BIB - the reality is you have on & off symptoms of blood, poor diet, other hygiene issues in that area in the past, etc. Two doctors, and one invasive test, declared a roid and no signs of cancer in your symptoms so no further action.

The rest, all these pages and al this time, is you. So, how can you say that if you start have a (i) persistent cough for months, (ii) bruising on & off, (iii) months of palpitations, (iv) months of headaches, (v) months of twitching, etc that you won't suck yourself back into a spiral like this with(i) lung cancer, (ii) leukaemia, (iii) heart trouble, (iv) brain tumour, (v) MND/ALS?

You can't as only time will tell.

This argument that this time is the worst yet is often seen on this forum. Those of us outside of the cycle can see that it's just another time.

Well said, Terry. I spent years telling my husband "Yes, but this time it's different" when it never actually was.

Page 268 of 290 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278 ... LastLast

Thread Information