Page 151 of 152 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1520

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

What is the value of the advice of someone who can't take or acknowledge the advice of others?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I am feeling a bit anxious about the new job as I don’t start until Monday has anybody got any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I am feeling a bit anxious about the new job as I don’t start until Monday has anybody got any tips?
    What parts are you worried about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-mouse View Post
    What parts are you worried about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just the principal of it being a new job, nerves and change and different days off. Coping with the new way the job works vs my old store. It’s quite common I get this anxious I did before moving house I cancelled going to a gig sat in and felt anxious. Tonight I was anxious but still went to the shops I was keen to not let it beat me.

I can only apologise that people think I don’t give back. Some people can be quite selfish that’s life. It’s certainly not intentional and I wouldn’t want to get into a big debate about it. In terms of advice the last time I have gave advice was about solispism as someone has the same theme as me over on the ocd forums. I wouldn’t say I was best placed right now to give much advice.

Thank you for apologising Phil, but you know once you realise that people around you have needs and feelings you can learn to balance your own with theirs. I know its not intentional, and I know that you do struggle to see the perspective of others and think outside of your own conditions. Often its not about giving advice - its about just saying a few kind words, a bit of praise or encouragement, a sympathetic sentence, or saying thanks or even a bit of 'small talk', and it all helps in the 'relationship building' arena, and makes people feel valued. I think it would also do you a lot of good - to draw you in some part away from your own obsessions.
    Last edited by Carys; 07-11-19 at 19:27.

It is possible to "learn" these skills even if they don't come naturally to you, Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    They check on the bipolar issue I had on 2016. Given I don’t have any issues with that I had an episode in 2005 and was med free for over ten years. I’m married I work I have good friends I have a normal life I do apologise for having some ocd and anxiety for some reason people here make it seem a much bigger issue than it is. I believe many celebs even have ocd and are open about it. There shouldn’t be any stigma about it these days or mistreatment of others.

If the psychiatrist is happy I’m taking the meds then that’s it. Past 4 years has been about reducing them actually I don’t believe they want me to be on them forever. And yes I did ask for Cbt for ocd but I was refused hence why I went private.
    I'm glad you don't perceive your OCD and anxiety to be a big issue for you but your posting history would suggest otherwise. That's the "reason" why you get so many responses on your numerous threads which span over many years and cover many topics on a repetitive scale. I can well understand why you were refused NHS therapy- it's just not effective with a rigid mindset. There has to be a desire to tolerate a modified way of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'm glad you don't perceive your OCD and anxiety to be a big issue for you but your posting history would suggest otherwise. That's the "reason" why you get so many responses on your numerous threads which span over many years and cover many topics on a repetitive scale. I can well understand why you were refused NHS therapy- it's just not effective with a rigid mindset. There has to be a desire to tolerate a modified way of thinking.
    I spent like 5 mins in a visit to the psychiatrist once per year. Also I asked about CBT at the doctors years ago well before my ocd was bad. So you are wrong im in Scotland and they don’t like to give CBT out easily. How can they refuse me when they know very little about how I previously dealt with CBT this is how inaccurate this forum is. I am refusing to justify myself anymore on here. Help soon becomes conflict which increases my stress further so perhaps it’s best I bow out these forums for a bit. I feel I’ve made progress with the ocd which I said in the topic. Perhaps I could have posted a new topic for my anxiety but my post soon become about my posting history which is funny as I never had ocd until about 5 years ago. When I joined this forum in 2006 it was about my panic and anxiety.

It's all anxiety, Phil. The whole caboodle..with an underlying driving source. I can understand why you find it hard to face up to this.

Page 151 of 152 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152 LastLast

Thread Information