Thread: Flexi sigmoidoscopy done today

Flexi sigmoidoscopy done today

Well after a long day i had had it done without sedation isn't as bad at all found the worst part of it was after the horrible crams with all the air still inside you, they found 0 polpys but did see two areas with inflammation and took 2 biopsys of both areas

He's booked me in for an MRI and to follow back on 8 weeks worrying what the biopsy ruselts can be wondering if it's something bad ?
    Last edited by Ocaron; 12-03-18 at 22:20.

Re: Flexi sigmoidoscopy done today

Why did you have the sigmoidscopy? Was it change in bowel habits?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni855 View Post
    Why did you have the sigmoidscopy? Was it change in bowel habits?
    Bleeding quite a bit on and off and mucus

Quote Originally Posted by Ocaron View Post
    Bleeding quite a bit on and off and mucus
    Hi,

If things don't settle down I'd ask for a colonoscopy as there may be an issue further up and around where the sigmoidoscope can't reach or see.

You do have to do bowel prep and have semi-sedation but it's well worth it to see the the whole colon.

Pain after Flexi sigmoidoscopy

The pain after the sigmoid it's been 18 hours for me but woke up in the middle of the night with pains felt like my insides are bruised and feel so nauseous is this normal or should I ring up ?

Re: Pain after Flexi sigmoidoscopy

Quote Originally Posted by Ocaron View Post
    The pain after the sigmoid it's been 18 hours for me but woke up in the middle of the night with pains felt like my insides are bruised and feel so nauseous is this normal or should I ring up ?
    This is most likely trapped air and maybe some soreness from the biopsies. If it doesn't settle you could give them a call, as I believe that is part of their post procedure protocol

Re: Pain after Flexi sigmoidoscopy

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    This is most likely trapped air and maybe some soreness from the biopsies. If it doesn't settle you could give them a call, as I believe that is part of their post procedure protocol
    I did have biopsies done how long until it settles would you say? Don't think it's trapped gas as I've been letting it out for 28 hours straight haha I just feel really nauseous

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I had pain for 2 or 3 days after having several biopsies taken during a colonoscopy.
    I think it is normal to feel some pain so try some pain relief first.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information