Thread: Cystoscopy drama

Cystoscopy drama

ugh..i've been having bladder irritation ever since a bad UTI in march and my urologist wants to do a cystoscopy to rule out anything else. he tried doing it in the office today but it wouldn't go in. so awkward! so now they are scheduling it for in their outpatient surgery and he said something about anesthetic and dilating my cervix.

So, now I'm anxious about:
    The fact that they gave me cipro to take for two days, am I going to get an infection from it?
    That I have to through it all over again, this time with anesthetic and whatever comes with dilating.
    The results

So, would love to hear from others who have been through these before. Thanks!

Re: Cystoscopy drama

Hey going through something similar did your cystoscopy reveal anything?

Quote Originally Posted by megsi99 View Post
    ugh..i've been having bladder irritation ever since a bad UTI in march and my urologist wants to do a cystoscopy to rule out anything else. he tried doing it in the office today but it wouldn't go in. so awkward! so now they are scheduling it for in their outpatient surgery and he said something about anesthetic and dilating my cervix.

So, now I'm anxious about:
    The fact that they gave me cipro to take for two days, am I going to get an infection from it?
    That I have to through it all over again, this time with anesthetic and whatever comes with dilating.
    The results

So, would love to hear from others who have been through these before. Thanks!
    A cystoscopy is a look inside the lining of the bladder, I've had one done under general anesthetic and was fine afterwards. If there is any inflammation then treatment can be administered at the time.

Dilating the cervix is something totally different, the gynaecologist does this when he/she wants to look at the lining of the uterus.

I have a cysto scheduled on the 21st. I am scared out of my mind. Being a male, and not under anesthesia, the thought of it is terrifying. That doesn't even include what they may find.

It really doesn't hurt Carlton

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information