Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Testicular Cancer

Re: Testicular Cancer

Ok I've looked up the epididy-whatsit. Yep, that exactly covers the symptoms the OP talks about. Forget the scan thing then, its blindingly obvious JAD71, that you have nothing to worry about !

Re: Urinary Incontinence?

I once thought I had testicular cancer. I could feel the lump I was positive about it.

I also have health anxiety.

I got an ultrasound even after the doctor said I didn't need it. I was SURE that this time it wasn't anxiety and a real thing.

Nope. What I was feeling turned out to be a normal structure on the ultrasound, not even a lump there. I was literally obsessing over normal anatomy.

Just saying this to point out that anxiety can make us believe a lot of stupid s***.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Went to the toilet about half an hour ago. I could feel I was dripping after, so I looked and then felt the need to go again. It was about half as much as usual, but the point remains that I was unable to fully empty my bladder, and of course I think it's a tumour obstructing the way.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD71 View Post
    and of course I think it's a tumour obstructing the way.
    This is the problem. Start trying to watch for these distorted thoughts and either challenge them or at a minimum observe but not react to them.

When I feel a bit deeper into my right testicle, I can feel quite a few lumps. Also, I was reading a story on a TC website (yes, I know I shouldn't), and the guy said about how his epididymis felt like a mass. I've got a long cord like lump on the side of my right testicle, which I can feel near the top of the testicle and I can feel just over half way down. I know mine isn't the epididymis, but it got me worried because I'd convinced myself it was normal, and now I think it isn't. I can only feel it with my first finger, not my thumb, so it would have been easy for the doctor to miss when I had my exam last month.

I been through the testicle cancer worry and over the last three years I have been for a number of exams at the gps/doctors and 3 ultrasounds, mine was cysts relating to the epididymis
    Last edited by unsure_about_this; 29-12-18 at 11:40.

so it would have been easy for the doctor to miss when I had my exam last month.
    Another indication of anxiety being the issue. The seed of doubt. The "what if" bug.

Just how special do you think you are, that you have a better idea of what testicular cancer feels like than a doctor who went to medical school almost as long as you've been alive for? And perhaps has even been practicing for that long too (not sure of the doctor's age here). How many testicles have you examined for lumps and how many do you think the doctor has examined?

You're going to need to quit symptom checking. Stop playing detective. That's how you heal, because you don't have cancer, you have anxiety.

---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 15:47 ----------

I just realized you are the same guy who is worried sick that his dad has testicular cancer too from listening to him pee..

I know the rabbit hole of anxiety is deep and strong like the Death Star's tractor beam, and logic fails you once you get locked in, but how do you not see that you are obsessive over this disease?

The next time you think of the disease, ise that as a cue to go do something else. When you ruminate on it you give the fear life.

Just had a feel now and they both feel quite hard. But I've out in the cold today. That's normal isn't it? Also the doctor has been practicing for over 30 years. He even said that I won't know how it's supposed to feel, but he does, given the many he has examined.

Just had a feel now and they both feel quite hard. But I've out in the cold today. That's normal isn't it? Also the doctor has been practicing for over 30 years. He even said that I won't know how it's supposed to feel, but he does, given the many he has examined.
    Then why do you insist on doubting his judgement and favoring your own diagnosis instead? (I don't need the answer, this is something you need to ask yourself)

There’s a reason that the standard screening for TC is a doctor physical exam (not imaging, etc), because it’s obvious to them by feel. The doctor can tell you instantly if there’s a concern after a 2 second feel.

More than anything you need to get a grip on your anxiety.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information