Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tachycardia day and night

Re: Tachycardia day and night

I don’t do low carbs, just low fat.....I probably still eat too much bread and potatoes.......but once in a while i’ll sneak a taste of butter...~bleah~.... Any issues port op w/ gallbladder gone? I know a few that had it taken out...

It happens due to low carb and low fat diets because the bile that the gallbladder stores doesn't get used and so it turns to sludge and forms crystals/stones...

And yes, even though my gallbladder is gone I still get similar pains just not as bad as they were. I had an MRCP this year after many years of dealing with this to make sure there wasn't a stone left in the bile duct or something else going on with my billary system but nothing was found... The pain can get a tad extreme but it's still not as bad as those full on gallbladder attacks were that had me convinced I was having a heart attack or an organ was about to expload in my chest...I also (I dont mean to be gross) have to go number 2 emergency like anytime I eat something fatty.

Yup, sounds exactly like my friends! My doc told me to keep the fats low..never mentioned the carbs......she said not eating red meat helps too....but also said there are different kinds of stones and that everyone processes things different.....mine first started the night of Halloween when I binged on leftover candy...awoke at 4am in agony.....kept taking 2 Advil every 4 hours..saw a doc who wanted to do surgery because of sludge.....I opted to try with diet first......that was 20 years ago......didn’t bother me again until I lost 100lbs.....been sticking to the diet......never gained it back...actually lost about 10 since then...eat lots of veggies to bind with that cholesterol.....keeping fingers crossed...

Right now i’ve got to get this tachycardia thing fixed....hopefully not the heart....could be the thyroid but my money is on the meds and anxiety.....

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Not boring tbh, I used to drink a lot and smoke..I now find that lifestyle boring.

What's left then is the stress. If you've been tested for heart problems and they've come back negative, the stress is surely the most likely cause of the problems.
    I get results of ekg, echocardiogram and 7 day Holter Monitor tomorrow....been driving myself nuts with the what-if’s..........you mentioned meditation-doing it properly....other than going to see a meditation teacher are there other ways?....are there any online sources you could recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Rwh View Post
    Yup, sounds exactly like my friends! My doc told me to keep the fats low..never mentioned the carbs......she said not eating red meat helps too....but also said there are different kinds of stones and that everyone processes things different.....mine first started the night of Halloween when I binged on leftover candy...awoke at 4am in agony.....kept taking 2 Advil every 4 hours..saw a doc who wanted to do surgery because of sludge.....I opted to try with diet first......that was 20 years ago......didn’t bother me again until I lost 100lbs.....been sticking to the diet......never gained it back...actually lost about 10 since then...eat lots of veggies to bind with that cholesterol.....keeping fingers crossed...

Right now i’ve got to get this tachycardia thing fixed....hopefully not the heart....could be the thyroid but my money is on the meds and anxiety.....
    Yes if you still have your gallbladder you must keep to a low fat diet to keep from having a gallbladder attack. What happens is, the liver makes the bile and its stored in the gallbladder. When you eat something fatty the gallbladder releases extra bile to break down the fats.. if you have problems with your gallbladder this will be a problem.. esp if you have stones and sludge.. however, you wont cure your gallbladder problems by sticking to a low fat diet because this is often what causes problems in the first place. The liver makes the bile, sends it to the gallbladder where it sits waiting until its needed. If it's never needed it just sits there and eventually turns to sludge and forms crystals and stones... There are of course other things that cause gallbladder disease but your story sounds just like my own and many other people's that I have came across..
    The only way to be rid of the problem at this point is to have the gallbladder removed or stick to a diet that's as low in fat as possible for as long as you have your gallbladder and even then it's not to say you will never have a gallbladder attack because now that you already have problems other things can go wrong, like infection etc.
    I do not regret having mine removed. Yes, I still have some issues but none of them are as bad as full on gallbladder attack.

I guess like everything else...we are all different. Best of luck to you post gb...but even more-your anxiety.

I had mine removed in 2010 so I'm pretty much use to it now

Good luck at your appointment tomorrow, I hope everything turns out good with your results.

Results turned out good, it’s not my heart..so now it’s testing the thyroid in late December....if that’s okay then it’s back to my old anxiety......more meditation and progressive relaxation.

I get results of ekg, echocardiogram and 7 day Holter Monitor tomorrow....been driving myself nuts with the what-if’s..........you mentioned meditation-doing it properly....other than going to see a meditation teacher are there other ways?....are there any online sources you could recommend?
    Results turned out good, it’s not my heart..so now it’s testing the thyroid in late December....if that’s okay then it’s back to my old anxiety......more meditation and progressive relaxation.
    Good news then.

Meditation is really very simple. It's about sitting quietly and letting your mind and body do whatever they want to do. It's not about trying to empty your mind, and it's not about trying to relax. It's about observing the thoughts and sensations, and just letting them be. It doesn't matter if you 'succeed' or not, it matters that you practice letting them be, and re-focusing on the object of your meditation, which is most often the breath.

I would recommend a book by Mark Williams called Mindfulness. It's the most straightforward source of information that I found that didn't delve too deeply into Buddhism. I'm not particularly interested in Buddhism itself, I would rather take the practices and apply them to my life.

That's all good isn't it, time to throw your monitors away because believe me they very rarely give accurate readings, lend it to someone else and get some feedback, I chucked mine in the bin, if you need to check HR do it manually, don't use thumb LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information