Thread: reassurance please?

reassurance please?

I have posted this on another forum the general anxiety one but this is more about my symptoms and reassurance. Thanks. I have had a numb sensation and tingling in my mouth and my throat for the past 6 days. Constant. It doesn't go and it is really getting me down. It started off spreading from around my mouth and around my face and it even my ears it spread around my whole face none stop. Now over the past 2 days it hasn't spread anywhere and it is just my mouth/ throat. It is really uncomfortable and i cant help thinks it might be something serious. But generally anxiety can be the only cause. I have tried everything to take these symptoms off but it is really hard. I can't seam to take it off of my mind, which is probably why it won't go. My jaw also feels like it cant open up wide and it is really uncomfortable eating. I want to go to the doctors about it but i cant help but feel bad because i'm constantly there and I've already been once this week over something i thought was migraine related, however i have recently found out that it could have been anxiety as well. This all started when i went to the opticians. I suddenly felt a rush of panic go through my face and body and the tingling and numbness sensations started. Please help, i don't know much about anxiety as i have only been diagnosed for 5 months and find the symptoms overwhelming. Thankyou for your time! x ps: can anyone tell me for reassurance if these are anxiety symptoms thank you.

Re: reassurance please?

Do you tense your jaw? That will make your face tingle, and if you feel like you can't open your mouth fully, I do it all the time, and sometimes my jaw will snap, and then here comes the tingle!

Re: reassurance please?

The left side of my cheek and jaw keeps tingling tonight. I'm pretty sure it's from a pinched nerve in my neck or now you I see the above comment, I do clench really bad...

Thread Information