Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cymbalta gross taper

cymbalta gross taper

the shrink has put me on 60mg Cymbalta and i am coming off pregabalin 300mg i was on at various levels for 10 weeks, how long do you think i need to taper the pregabalin after 10 weeks, the 2 meds togeather at the moment do my head in i need to get down to just Cymbalta /// pregabalin did F.A

Re: cymbalta gross taper

Quote Originally Posted by braindead View Post
    how long do you think i need to taper the pregabalin after 10 weeks
    With a bit of luck there will be few withdrawal issues, but to avoid the small potential risk for triggering seizures I suggest dropping the dose by 50mg every 3 days, easing it to 25mg cuts if it becomes difficult. The main problem could be deciding what symptoms are from quitting pregabalin and which are duloxetine side-effects.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    With a bit of luck there will be few withdrawal issues, but to avoid the small potential risk for triggering seizures I suggest dropping the dose by 50mg every 3 days, easing it to 25mg cuts if it becomes difficult. The main problem could be deciding what symptoms are from quitting pregabalin and which are duloxetine side-effects.
    thanks shrinks always drag out the taper , she wanted 2 weeks at 200mg and 2 weeks at 100mg 1 month taper ,??? missing out the 50mg which i thought wrong

thanks shrinks always drag out the taper , she wanted 2 weeks at 200mg and 2 weeks at 100mg 1 month taper ,??? missing out the 50mg which i thought wrong
    Well, I did recommend what I thought was the fastest taper you could handle given you wanted off asap. Her priority would have been different. If the pregabalin-duloxetine wasn't "doing your head in" I would have nominated a slower taper, though still with 50mg cuts rather than 100mg.

Well, I did recommend what I thought was the fastest taper you could handle given you wanted off asap. Her priority would have been different. If the pregabalin-duloxetine wasn't "doing your head in" I would have nominated a slower taper, though still with 50mg cuts rather than 100mg.
    IT is doing my head in the first week was ok but towards the end of the second it went down hill fast I am on 50MG twice a day now but i wont keep to her plan of 2 weeks i will drop to 50mg in a day or 2 then off. I been on Cymbalta just over 2 weeks how long do the shrinks wait to increase

I been on Cymbalta just over 2 weeks how long do the shrinks wait to increase
    60mg is the standard duloxetine dose so I assume your shrink will want you to stay on it for a while to see whether it's enough to do the trick.

60mg is the standard duloxetine dose so I assume your shrink will want you to stay on it for a while to see whether it's enough to do the trick.
    yes she has given me a script for 3 months and its Cymbalta not the generic

yes she has given me a script for 3 months and its Cymbalta not the generic
    Same as me then.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Same as me then.

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:19 ----------

terry are you on 120mg how long was you on 60mgi have a nasty taper to put up with lyrica to Cymbalta both bad for constipation, my bum is on fire when i finally go

i have a nasty taper to put up with lyrica to Cymbalta both bad for constipation, my bum is on fire when i finally go
    Ask your chemist/pharmacist about stool softeners.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information