Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bigboy

Re: Bigboy

Anybody heard anything from Dave at all?

I sen't him a PM through here and used the option to send it to his actual email account a few weeks ago now and not heard anything.

I really hope he is ok and that he has just decided to move on but it would be good to know for sure..

We probably won't know though and it's worrying in view of the difficulties he faced and continued to face.

He was having problems with the notifications. They were coming through blank.

He was friends with some on here so maybe they know? So some may hear in PM if Dave's got reasons for his break? They may update some who are asking if they are friends in PM.

Pulisa and Terry.

I find it really odd and worrying that Dave just vanished. He was obviously very lonely and NMP gave him some sort of contact with others.

I know, Matt. NMP frustrated him at times because he was searching for a lot more than an online forum can offer. He was very vulnerable and I don't think it's catastrophising to be very concerned as to his wellbeing.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

I also sent Dave an email over a month ago now and got no response. I think it's sadly only being realistic to think something isn't right with him. We can only hope that he returns or replies to one of us.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Dave hasn't replied to me either so I also hope he's ok. That's the thing really...unless you have a contact who can let the forum know if something has happened, we would never know if it's something bad or not.

My experience of nmp since I joined in 2007 is that mostly people just decide to move on without anything bad happening and without telling us. Occasionally they'll pop back and say hi, but mostly not. That's just life I guess, but yes...I hope Dave is ok and I wish him well for the future.

Cath x x

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    Pulisa and Terry.

I find it really odd and worrying that Dave just vanished. He was obviously very lonely and NMP gave him some sort of contact with others.
    Well, there are people in this thread who I know Dave got on very well with and I would expect to know if there was something (obviously, I'm not discounting privacy he may have asked for in confiding as well) so it's more odd to me now. But I just hope he has shifted his focus into the real world and found more from that as much of what he wanted wasn't going to be found on here in my opinion.

I mentioned it before, after he disappeared for a while I saw him post a very short reply on FrankT's copyright worries thread. So, I assumed he was taking a backseat and was returning but then nothing further...

Sadly people do just disappear. Ian from the Meds board just vanished after daily posting since he joined and with him being an OAP and lung cancer survivor with one lung I feared the worst there. And Carys has also disappeared too but I think she did before so I expect is taking a break.

I'm always torn about sending messages though. I question whether someone really needs to get away and doesn't want reminders but then what if they are upset & lonely and it would give them a boost someone shows they care? So, sometimes I have and other times I been wary of it seeming pushy as it can be hard being on here and not everyone is chasing reassurance, some struggle posting & talking as they are more likely to avoid or go inwards. I can appreciate that as it's more how I've been.

So, if you are out there Dave just look at the number of people who always show they care on your threads. It's proof that what your thoughts might be trying to convince you don't match the reality as you were well liked & respected on here. Your threads were very active which only further proves that to me.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 20-09-18 at 01:58.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post

Sadly people do just disappear. Ian from the Meds board just vanished after daily posting since he joined and with him being an OAP and lung cancer survivor with one lung I feared the worst there. And Carys has also disappeared too but I think she did before so I expect is taking a break.
    Also Brian (Braindead) who hasn't been on here for over 5 months now. I sent him an email back then but never heard anything. He had many problems he was dealing with after a long spell in hospital so hope he simply tired of us and has moved on. Sadly, it's not always easy believing this when a member is struggling with their mental and/or physical health.

Never Surrender, Comrade

I must confess that I am guilty of avoiding contact when I am really struggling.

Like others I hope that he is perhaps following the site without logging if.

If so I would like to wish you all the best and we are all here for you if you need us.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information