Thread: Bad anxiety over 9 day period !! Ladies please help

Bad anxiety over 9 day period !! Ladies please help

I’m starting to get worried about ovarian cancer again! Ever since starting Effexor I have had heavy, gushing, blood clotting periods (sorry tmi). I have to wear a pad the first few days and can’t even attempt to use a tampon. I’m. Ow on day 9 and old brown blood is coming out- it’s been happening since day 7. Has anyone has their periods affected by an antidepressant before? My psychiatrist said if it’s caused by the Effexor and it’s benign . I see the gyne for my checkup it two weeks and I’m terrified she’s going to be overly concerned and send me for scans and stuff! I haven’t been to the gyne in two years . What if I have ovarian cancer?? Or uterine cancer? I’m driving myself nuts!

Re: Bad anxiety over 9 day period !! Ladies please help

What age are you ?

The reason I ask is that it literally may by nothing to do with venlafaxine, you could be in perimenopause. The symptoms and bleeding pattern you describe sound exactly like early perimenopause stages. (exactly as I had, heavier bleeding, clots, shorter cycle, then switched to longer bleeding patterns of 9 days and then 14 days, every manner of irregularity). However, if you are under the age of 40 then they will consider and look into early perimenopause, or hormonal imbalance.

https://mysecondspring.ie/menopause-...se-and-periods

https://www.ourbodiesourselves.org/b...perimenopause/

https://www.healthline.com/health/me...opause-periods
    Last edited by Carys; 01-11-18 at 12:36.

Hi Carys,
    Thank you for responding. I just turned 39! I'm so worried about cancer, but I do know many women who have heavy periods. I'm scared :( I will take a look at the threads you posted. thank you !

Womens's bodies begin a perimenopause transition 'at around the age of 40'. You could be close you know Worth bearing in mind anyway. I know you have the cancer fear, but hormonal imbalance is the MOST likely cause of this.

However, after looking at my own venlafaxine leaflet (yup, I take it too) I can see that it does say:

Tell your doctor if you have - changes in your periods such as heavy bleeding, spotting, or bleeding between periods. It is a rare documented side-effect, occuring in the less than 100 people.

Yes, my doctor did say it could happen and that it's benign when It does. The venlafaxine does help me a bit, so I'd hate to go off of it. I wish it would shorten it, not lengthen it!!!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Regards

Elen Admin

I had a ten day period once and one time six day then it stopped for two days and came back for three more, yes you could be staring perimenopause. My great grandmother went through menopause at 28

Hi there!

First of all, there is absolutely NO REASON TO PANIC!! There is a buttload of reasons as to why you might be having abnormally heavy periods[/URL].

Speaking out of personal experience, one of the biggest reasons could be stress- be it due to work or personal issues.

Menopausal (and even perimenopausal) conditions can also trigger such a change. Try to speak to your doctor first before jumping on to any conclusions.

Hope this clarifies your doubts,

Let me know how it turns out for you..

Take care

Thank you for all of your replies. I go for a repeat ultrasound tomorrow

hey! How did that turn out for you?

Thread Information