Thread: Left breast pain

Left breast pain

Hi. My HA has been crazy since Christmas and my current thing is breast checks. No reason, no lumps, no dimpling, no rash, no discharge...nothing. Since I started checking I have started with breast pain. Left sided only and for some reason it's the left breast I am obsessed with checking. It now has a pain that's not there unless I touch it. It feels like a bruise type pain and I touch it a lot I am pressing it constantly to see if it's still hurts which it does! It went away for 2 weeks and then came back again. I have started seeing a hypnotherapist again for my HA and that has helped. I also went to see my GP today who did a breast exam and found nothing. She believes I have hurt my self over checking and I do agree with her but it's such a horrid pain I just wish it would go. She suggested ibuprofen gel which I have done and it has eased a bit. She did also say it could very much be just my anxiety making me think it hurts which I do know but it's so hard when you have a very real pain. It's not there at night or when I get up it only starts when my brain starts!! Just wanted to seen if anyone else has had the same at all.

Re: Left breast pain

Honestly, you'd not believe the number of times 'left sided breast pain' comes up here and on other forums through female discussions, much more than you'd think. For some reason, and this is purely annecdotal based on what I've read, women getting hormonal breast pain often seem to only get it on the left, I am one of those women lol Its a strange thing, and I have no answer as to why, but maybe its something to do with blood flow, or where hormones affect the most or or or..... Anyway, my guess is that if you are getting it 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off in a pattern then it could be hormonal. I've had many months like this myself, and some with no pain at all. Your GP has checked you, nothing to be found, why not put it down to more than likely poking and prodding (yeah, that'll definitely make it worse and hurt, you can get all sorts of shooting pains and bruising feelings which can take quite a while to resolve) and possibly cycle hormones being a bit off balance and causing more fluid to be held on that side.
    Last edited by Carys; 31-01-20 at 22:00.

Thanks Carys. I dont physically have a period as I have the contraceptive implant bit I guess my body will still be cycling hormones?? I also wonder now if it could be costrochondritis as my youngest did elbow me in the chest a while ago and I lift and carry him a lot (he is 2.5) so maybe I need to just chill out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Honestly, you'd not believe the number of times 'left sided breast pain' comes up here and on other forums through female discussions, much more than you'd think. For some reason, and this is purely annecdotal based on what I've read, women getting hormonal breast pain often seem to only get it on the left, I am one of those women lol Its a strange thing, and I have no answer as to why, but maybe its something to do with blood flow, or where hormones affect the most or or or..... Anyway, my guess is that if you are getting it 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off in a pattern then it could be hormonal. I've had many months like this myself, and some with no pain at all. Your GP has checked you, nothing to be found, why not put it down to more than likely poking and prodding (yeah, that'll definitely make it worse and hurt, you can get all sorts of shooting pains and bruising feelings which can take quite a while to resolve) and possibly cycle hormones being a bit off balance and causing more fluid to be held on that side.
    thats really interesting, I never heard of the ‘left sided breast pain’ theory but can confirm this is the same for me. If any breast feels strange/heavier/itchier than the other it’s always leftie..

So the discomfort is easing and I have discovered that Extended puppy (I think thats its name) yoga pose seems to take the pain away for a short while. This is making me think is it a rib injury? My toddler elbowed me just before Christmas it felt like this but went away. Could I have agrivated it again. Is it costochondritis and the stretching is opening up my rib cage???

Thread Information