Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AZ Vaccine side effects

AZ Vaccine side effects

Hi all, hope you're all keeping well in this weird and wonderful time.

I'm 29 y/o, had the AZ vaccine just over a week ago and I was actually OK, just achy body and felt tired for a day or two. I did skipping 2 days after the vaccine and my legs felt heavy, although towards the night I was getting quite bad pains all over my legs, shins, thighs, calfs and hamstrings.
    I rang the Dr who said it's most likely bad muscle inflammation and should go away in a few weeks.

Has anyone else been experiencing this? worried that it'll lead to a clot or it'll last for a long time! some days are worse than others and I have to go lie down for 15mins to allow my legs to rest and that helps with the pains/twitching around legs.

Re: AZ Vaccine side effects

Although this isn't in any way intended to put any of you off, Dr JC's video yesterday, in which its last few minutes consisted of a Zoom chat between himself and a female 'professional' in Australia, where it was mentioned that there have also been a very minute amount of blood clot cases following doses of both the Pfizer and Moderna jabs, and they were both extremely miffed as to why OAZ is being so blatantly singled out whilst the similar complications that have also been known to occur following adminstration of the other two vaccines have so far been kept extremely low-key and hardly a dickie bird over in the media!

Having said that, it might not be such a bad thing as it's potentially two less vaccines to be scared of and hesitant over.

Hi Lencoboy, that's really interesting as I've recently had the OAZ vaccine and I've been having panic attacks daily as I keep seeing about blood clots in the news. Where did you here about that? Might give it a listen to try and ease my worries

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Although this isn't in any way intended to put any of you off, Dr JC's video yesterday, in which its last few minutes consisted of a Zoom chat between himself and a female 'professional' in Australia, where it was mentioned that there have also been a very minute amount of blood clot cases following doses of both the Pfizer and Moderna jabs, and they were both extremely miffed as to why OAZ is being so blatantly singled out whilst the similar complications that have also been known to occur following adminstration of the other two vaccines have so far been kept extremely low-key and hardly a dickie bird over in the media!

Having said that, it might not be such a bad thing as it's potentially two less vaccines to be scared of and hesitant over.
    I guess the immediate factor is that they are selling for a profit whereas AZ are selling at cost, which in return means AZ will sell more taking sales away from the other companies.

Quote Originally Posted by RVP View Post
    I guess the immediate factor is that they are selling for a profit whereas AZ are selling at cost, which in return means AZ will sell more taking sales away from the other companies.
    Yes, it's very much akin to the typical debates concerning the public vs private sectors in this country, though that's another story for another thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Elle4363 View Post
    Hi Lencoboy, that's really interesting as I've recently had the OAZ vaccine and I've been having panic attacks daily as I keep seeing about blood clots in the news. Where did you here about that? Might give it a listen to try and ease my worries
    Go onto YouTube and type in a search for Dr John Campbell.

He has been one of our biggest antidotes IMO to this pandemic.

Posted elsewhere, but: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56665517

Under-30s are to be offered an alternative Covid jab to the AstraZeneca vaccine due to the evidence linking it to rare blood clots, the UK's vaccine advisory body says.

A review by the drugs regulator MHRA found by the end of March 79 people in the UK suffered rare blood clots after vaccination - 19 of whom died.

The regulator said this was not proof the jab had caused the clots but it said the link was getting firmer.

I had an ultrasound scan done on both my legs last week and everything was fine! no clots etc.
    However 14 days on from first vaccine and I'm still getting muscle twitches in legs (sometimes elsewhere like arms) and they feel tight. They are definitely better than last week though, not as painful or sore. I can actually sit down without getting restless or be in pain.

I had an ultrasound scan done on both my legs last week and everything was fine! no clots etc.
    However 14 days on from first vaccine and I'm still getting muscle twitches in legs (sometimes elsewhere like arms) and they feel tight. They are definitely better than last week though, not as painful or sore. I can actually sit down without getting restless or be in pain.
    Hi RVP, did you have the scan done in A&E? I am worried about symptoms I am having, head pains and a few other symptoms, but I am also very scared of going to A&E because of covid.

Trouble is, rightly or wrongly, I think a lot of people have become increasingly hypervigilant due to the scares over detrimental vaccine side-effects dominating the press and social media over recent weeks, so it's highly likely there may be elements of (dare I say it) psychosomatic disorders in some individuals.

Don't get me wrong. I seriously don't mean to come across as patronising in any way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information