Thread: back again

back again

Hello everyone, I haven't posted in this forum for a long time but lately I have been worrying. I am looking for someone in the same situation maybe who have undergone tests.

I have had a number of resting ecgs over the years and bloods tests I ha r also had two heart ultrasounds one very recently. I have been having left sided radiating chest pain that spreads down the arm. It comes on with exertion and is really bad around my menstrual cycle. I am really scared its angina.i have had these tests that have come bk clear but when I spoke to the doctor he mentioned that an ultrasound wouldn't show angina is this true? He said id been given the wrong test. I thought that they would of been able to develop a picture of heart disease with all these tests. But apparently it wont show. Worried again now.

I thought an ultrasound would show blocked arteries and weakness in the heart. Any advice or insights gratefully received really don't want to go bk down this anxiety road again. The pain is incapacitating.

Re: back again

EKG, scans and blood work would show anomalies. If the pain is incapacitating, it puzzles me as to why testing showed nothing. Having had two heart attacks, bypass, stents and angina, that kind of pain is an emergency

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: back again

Thankyou for your reply fishmanpa I really hope your health is improving and you are well. It puzzles me too tbh, I hate feeling worried about this. The pain I feel feels like a really bad cramp. I always thought that an ultrasound would show clogged arteries and such. Which I thought was the cause of angina. I am 34 haven't had the best diet but I have taken control of it and have lost nearly three stone. I just cant shake this feeling that something is very wrong. Do the symptoms I describe sound like angina to you?
    many thanks for your response and advice

Thread Information