Thread: scared to take celexa

scared to take celexa

I'm always afraid of trying new medication. It took me a few days to take the clonazapam after swtiching from xanax. The clonazapam has calmed me down considerably, however I still have anxious thoughts, along with depression. I was thinking of taking the celexa before bed so that i don't obsess over any potential side effects. The psychiatrist to keep taking the clonazapam until my body settles Any advice for me? How do i get over the fear of taking the medicine tonight? Maybe i should just cut the table in half to ease into it. I'm sensitive to meds.

Re: scared to take celexa

I can understand where you're coming from. I just started on Zoloft 4 days ago and I'm scared to death of the side effect. I told my doctor and I mean I emphasized that I cannot tolerate medication. I can't even take cold medicine or drink caffeinated drinks! So she started me on 1/2 tab for a week and then I'm supposed to bump it up, and I'm scared of that. I would try 1/2 and see how you do and call your doctor as soon as you can, they are the professionals.

My honest opinion.. take the prescribed dose as psychologically on 'half a dozen you will still 'feel' start up effects so you may as well feel them on full dose and deal with it once rather than have to start up then build up to 'start' up effects when you increase... also the benzo you have will help but will start to fade after a few weeks so you may Adele get the help of the benzo on full dose than half dose.

Scared to take celexa after reading insert

I've been prescribed 10 mg. The insert mentions fast or uneven heartbeats. How do I get up the courage?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Quote Originally Posted by Ethansmom View Post
    I'm always afraid of trying new medication.

...I'm sensitive to meds.
    You're "sensitive" to meds mostly because you're afraid of them, not because of their chemistry.

Maybe i should just cut the table in half to ease into it.
    If this is what it takes to get you to swallow it then go for it. Nothing bad will happen. Side-effects can sometimes be unpleasant, but they are rarely harmful.

The insert mentions fast or uneven heartbeats.
    Yes, these are possible initial side-effects, but they are usually not significant. Unremitting anxiety is far more dangerous to health than any medication used to control it.

How do I get up the courage?
    Not reading about the side-effects would be a good start. The inserts list every side-effect that has ever been reported. It doesn't mean you will experience them, or that you will be harmed by them if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    You're "sensitive" to meds mostly because you're afraid of them, not because of their chemistry.

If this is what it takes to get you to swallow it then go for it. Nothing bad will happen. Side-effects can sometimes be unpleasant, but they are rarely harmful.

Yes, these are possible initial side-effects, but they are usually not significant. Unremitting anxiety is far more dangerous to health than any medication used to control it.

Not reading about the side-effects would be a good start. The inserts list every side-effect that has ever been reported. It doesn't mean you will experience them, or that you will be harmed by them if you do.
    I wholeheartedly agree with everything Ian said. In knowing you from AZ, you switched meds so many times, many before giving them a chance to work. I think your biggest enemy is yourself here, not the meds.

I took half a pill and can clonazapam. I will keep you all posted. Thank you for the support!

You'll be fine. Take a whole one tomorrow

Thread Information