Thread: Heart feels weaker than normal?

Heart feels weaker than normal?

Hey everyone I've been using this website for around a month now and have found it amazing and so I finally decided to make an account and ask a question of my own on the forum. So basically normally I am always aware of my heartbeat and can feel it quite easily, but just recently the complete opposite has happened! I can hardly feel my pulse and my heart feels really weak and sort of like it's struggling. I'm wondering if anybody else has something similar to this because it is sort of affecting my whole life and made me scared that my heart will just slow down to the point of collapse! I know I shouldn't check but sometimes when I put my hand over my heart I can feel quite a strong beat/pulse but when it feels weak I can hardly feel it and it feels really faint instead, which then makes me feel like my heart is struggling! This has also stopped me from excercising and playing football as I'm scared it will make my heart weaker. Also it's not really a case of a slow or fast heart rate it just feels weak that's all! I'd love to know everybody's thoughts on this and a massive thanks for any replies! (Also it is often accompanied by other symptoms such as a feeling of weakness, tight chest like something is pushing on my heart and pains in the chest right where the heart is!) I've had loads of ecgs an x ray an echo scan and also been checked by a couple of cardiologists but still can't help but think something is wrong because it just feels so weird
    Last edited by hr1027; 01-05-18 at 02:11.

Re: Heart feels weaker than normal?

So there are several things that can make your heart weaker. None of which you have mentioned. And you probably don't have to worry about. The heart doesn't just become weaker over night. It's years and years and sometimes it's due to poor diet and no exercise among other things. Your heart is a muscle. Plus you have been checked out and if there was any weakness in your heart they would have caught it. So try and breathe.

Re: Heart feels weaker than normal?

Hey thanks so much for the reply I guess you're right when you say that the heart becomes weaker over many years not just overnight. I'll try not to worry as uncomfortable as it feels and hopefully it will go in no time!

Thread Information