Thread: Morning anxiety?

Morning anxiety?

Hello. For weeks now everyday I wake up before my alarm with fear rushing through my body. I feel scared while laying in bed and will often start crying...its like I'm afraid to start my day because I feel so weird! Does anyone else get bad anxiety upon waking up? Also I wake up a few times in the night with a little anxiety...

Re: Morning anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaGirl View Post
    Hello. For weeks now everyday I wake up before my alarm with fear rushing through my body. I feel scared while laying in bed and will often start crying...its like I'm afraid to start my day because I feel so weird! Does anyone else get bad anxiety upon waking up? Also I wake up a few times in the night with a little anxiety...
    I have this on and off, sometimes it will come and last for weeks on end and then suddenly disappear. I feel like this is just part of our unfortunate battle with anxiety. I fear whats ahead a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by unicorndusy View Post
    I have this on and off, sometimes it will come and last for weeks on end and then suddenly disappear. I feel like this is just part of our unfortunate battle with anxiety. I fear whats ahead a lot.
    Yes! It will last for weeks then disappear. Ive had it happen before but it stopped for a while and is now back :( ugh I guess I will just have to accept it

Hey Bama...

I've had this for years...

I've come a long way in recovery and have a good life. But, my condition still flares up from time to time, and it's almost always related to sleep-waking up from sleep.

Mornings are the worst, this is common.

But in this latest round, even my naps have contained vivid dreams/negative thoughts that crank me up - even in a short nap which is odd because naps had really helped me calm over the years.

I'm sure this is temporary, but I can relate to what you're experiencing.

Do you get vivid dreams? How about your naps? Does your sleep onset ever have a negative tone or negative thoughts?

Anyway, keep reducing stress and doing your best not to tangle with the thoughts. We always pass through these phases.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaGirl View Post
    Does anyone else get bad anxiety upon waking up?
    If you scroll to the bottom of your thread, you'll see related threads. You can also use the search feature and see pages of similar threads.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Not on waking up exactly.....I could lie in bed all day quite happily. Not anx but I'm a lazy ass at heart.
    It's after breakfast it starts with me, sometimes after a couple of vile hours it will go and others it will hang around all day.

Thread Information