Thread: Struggling - collarbone nodes

Struggling - collarbone nodes

I am really struggling today with my anxiety. The first time in a long time.

I have a small bump at my collarbone which was ultrasounded 4 years ago and I’m sure was said it was a fatty lump.

Anyway I had the flu shot the other day and when I woke up the next morning my underarm was tender and so was this collarbone area. It was puffy and tender.

So it got me feeling about and now I feel more possible nodes and freaking out because from what I’ve read over the years that signals malignancy. Secondly sometimes that area is tender on and off but I’ve always thought to myself well I had an ultrasound ears ago and it was fine.

I’m unwell all the time with colds and recently pneumonia.

Would chest X-ray show swollen collarbone nodes?

Thanks

Re: Struggling - collarbone nodes

It's just a normal reaction to the flu shot. I've had it happen. Don't poke and prod and it will resolve on it's own.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

"The first time in a long time"

You made a lymph node thread 2 months ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Josh1234 View Post
    "The first time in a long time"

You made a lymph node thread 2 months ago...

Eh I think you will find I didn’t Josh. Usual crap from you I see. I responded to someone else’s post about lymph nodes 3 months ago to reassure them and support them. That’s how I like to behave - with kindness in response to someone with an anxiety issue.

I’m sure I’ve asked you before to refrain from replying to my posts.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:03 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    It's just a normal reaction to the flu shot. I've had it happen. Don't poke and prod and it will resolve on it's own.

Positive thoughts
    Thanks Fish.

I went for a long walk with my family to take my mind off it. I’ve need to stop touching it. Will leave it 2 weeks and if not resolved will got to gp.

I could feel myself spiralling earlier x

I have a fatty lump on my collarbone as well! A few of them actually. I have one that's permanently up now from poking at it so much!

I used to be unwell a lot also, it was partly in mixture to a lot of things. Stress, poor diet (I'm a uni student doing their best lol) and I lacked things like iron and vitamins B12!!

I hope you're doing okay!! I know it can be a roller-coaster with anixety!

I think that we are so programmed to think lump=cancer, but that isn't always the case. I have lymph nodes that have been up forever, some are just permanently up, some have gone away after years.

My 14 year old dog has so many lumps; each time I think "this is the one that will be cancer" but none of them are. Lipomas, cysts, blocked glands, etc. but not cancer. She even had one on her leg that they thought was for sure cancer but ran a bunch of tests and it wasn't.

Like FMP said, it's from the flu shot. I always feel really crummy after I get it; it's just a normal immune response. It will go down if you leave it alone.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseAndy View Post
    I have a fatty lump on my collarbone as well! A few of them actually. I have one that's permanently up now from poking at it so much!

I used to be unwell a lot also, it was partly in mixture to a lot of things. Stress, poor diet (I'm a uni student doing their best lol) and I lacked things like iron and vitamins B12!!

I hope you're doing okay!! I know it can be a roller-coaster with anixety!

Thanks very much for replying. It means a lot. I am the same with low b12 and vitamins. I don’t eat great or exercise as I have 3 small kids and work so it’s trying to fit it all in. I know that’s more likely the cause of the repeat infections.

I’ve had health anxiety since 2010 and had various ups and downs but have been quite stable for the past 1.5 years. Even now I am worried about this but normally I wouldn’t be able to eat, would be crying hysterically and going to the doctor right away. I am able to sit with it easier even though I’m thinking the worst.

Thanks again and I hope you are doing ok xx

---------- Post added at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was at 20:47 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    I think that we are so programmed to think lump=cancer, but that isn't always the case. I have lymph nodes that have been up forever, some are just permanently up, some have gone away after years.

My 14 year old dog has so many lumps; each time I think "this is the one that will be cancer" but none of them are. Lipomas, cysts, blocked glands, etc. but not cancer. She even had one on her leg that they thought was for sure cancer but ran a bunch of tests and it wasn't.

Like FMP said, it's from the flu shot. I always feel really crummy after I get it; it's just a normal immune response. It will go down if you leave it alone.

Hi thanks so much for your input. You are right I know I do immediately think cancer. And during a worrying time over whatever health issue I have my brain will be saying ‘yes but this time, this is it’.

It had got me thinking though about the collarbone lumps as I have read about people having ultrasounds and being told ok only to have them biopsies. However I have had at least one of the lumps for 6 years and no change in size so surely, logically it’s not possible to be cancer. During these 6 years I have had a few chest X-rays, seen haematology, had abdominal mris, had two other babies and only a couple of months ago I was in hospital with pneumonia and they ran lots of blood tests to see if anything underlying.

But....I still have these collarbone nodes and can feel myself worrying.

Thanks for your kind words x

Still worrying about this. It’s left collarbone. I know I should go to gp I just feel scared. I can definitely feel two on left. They are small less than cm but from what I’ve read not meant to be able to feel collarbone nodes!!

Quote Originally Posted by LE View Post
    I’ve read not meant to be able to feel collarbone nodes!!
    Diagnosis: Dr. Google and excessive poking and prodding.

You know better LE. Don't get sucked down the rabbit hole!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information