I had to go to the hospital today to have a pre op assesment to have some teeth removed. During the first part of the assesment the nurse took my blood pressure and commented that my heart rate was high she then said that my blood pressure was high and asked if I had ever had high bp before. I told her that I had not and she said that maybe it was because I was anxious. She said that she would get the other nurse to take it again during the second half.

The second nurse was lovely and we had a long chat about different things and I felt quite relaxed so I was really shocked when she took my blood pressure and said the reading was 140/107

I'm 29 years old and have never had blood pressure problems before. I asked her if it was serious and she said that it wasn't terrible but could be if I dont see my gp and see what they say. I immeadiatly felt like crying as my main health anxiety issues are with my heart and stuff.

I am so scared it feels like all my worst fears are coming true I keep thinking about what she said about how it could be serious