Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So stressed going to Doctor about blood on toilet paper.

So stressed going to Doctor about blood on toilet paper.

Hi everyone,

I am finally going to a doctor later today in about an hour about blood on the toilet paper when I wipe. It's been happening on and off since January and I can be fine for a couple of weeks then it comes back. Fine for a day ... it comes back. I am sick of convincing myself I'm fine and then having it happen again. I know everyone says it points to hemmies and I do have hemroids which I can see and I have had bleeding from hems before.

However I am stressed because this year the blood doesn't seem a bright bright red and seems mixed in with the stool when I wipe (though when I look in the bowl) it usually seems fine.

I am not sure if hemroid bleeding is meant to look like that, sometimes when I wipe it just seems to have a reddish tinge to the leftover stool and I get confused whether it's blood. Today I am certain there was some blood. It was a very small amount but it was darker red but still red. Maybe purply red. Stool seems fine.

I am so stressed and panicky I feel like crying. I don't like doctors at the best of times, and now I'm not only embarassed I feel like they are going to tell me something really bad or that I have to go through a colonoscopy which I am terrified of. More the results than anything. I feel sick to my stomach.

Re: So stressed going to Doctor about blood on toilet paper.

I bet it will be hemorrhoids. Have you been given any medication/cream for them? Hopefully your doctor can reassure you.

If they do want you to go for a colonoscopy, I'm sure it would just be precautionary if anything. I haven't had one, but I've heard they are actually quite easy to get through.

Let us know what happens.

Thanks swgrl09 ... I hope that's what it is but I keep freaking out that it's not because of the darker colour of the blood ... brownish red (mixed with stool) or darker red smears but not quite the "bling" in your face red of a fresh cut.

I once had so much blood every time I had a bowel movement the toilet water was red. Every day. Was sent for colonoscopy - it was just hemorrhoids. Absolutely nothing sinister at all. Good luck.

Thanks UkmamainUS for those words. I am more worried over the colour of the blood ... was yours bright red? Everywhere I see it says hemroids / fissures have to be bright red. Mine is usually a dull / darker red or brownish red tinge when wiping.

I appreciate everyone's words. My heart is beating so fast now.

Try to take some deep breaths ... you'll know soon.

Doctor is running late. Never seen her before. Sitting in the waiting room and not looking forward to the whole look up my bum thing. I feel bad for the doctor on top of feeling super anxious

In truth I don't recall. I think for colon cancer the blood is normally in the poop more than on the outside and by darker when you wipe it's almost black from spending time in your colon. Hang in there and let us know when you know more xxx

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:41 ----------

Oh and colonoscopies really are not that bad. Even the prep want so horrific as I thought it'd be either.

When I had a hemorrhoid checked, she poked around down there but I really hardly felt it at all. It is so awkward though. I'd rather go to the gyno, at least I'm used to that! lol

Thanks, I just got back from the GP. It was uncomfortable but she was thorough. There were a couple of hemmies but no obvious bleeding / source of blood. She said she didn't feel anything inside. However she still wants me to go for a colonoscopy.

I want to faint. She said it's unlikely but she's seen people under 40 with bowel cancer and the results surprised her so she said she just wants to rule things out especially with the slightly darker blood. This isn't making me feel any better! I am freaking out about the results and I don't even know when my appointment is. I don't know how I'm going to get through it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information