Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question for all of you suffering from GERD...

A question for all of you suffering from GERD...

Hey All,
    I have a gastroscopy in 2 weeks, definitely nervous.
    Does anyone get heartburn like this?

Sometimes I"m fine, it seems I can eat and I'm fine, other days I'll get heartburn and I have no idea why but my heartburn goes into my back and burns.
    Sometimes like yesterday I"ll eat lunch at 3 pm and then dinner at 5 pm and then go to bed at 11 pm and get heartburn as soon as I lay down yet I ate 6 hours earlier!?
    This confuses the heck out of me as it says don't eat 3-4hours before bed.
    Last night I had to literally sleep sitting up which was horrible and then in the morning when I lay down I got heartburn!?
    I'm seriously thinking that something really bad must be going on in my gut but trying not to catastrophize!
    Does anyone else have it as bad as me?
    Love to hear your thoughts?

Ps I've had GERD for about 10 years and Losec helps but I'm on a really low dose of 10mg and had stopped for a week - started again today.
    PPS: I have had H Pylori but was cleared of that 3 months ago but maybe it's back?
    x

Re: A question for all of you suffering from GERD...

I didn't really eat any carbs last night. I had rice and beef for lunch and chicken, peas and potatoes for dinner, but only maybe 4 small cubes of potato - but I will try!

---------- Post added at 01:06 ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 ----------

Wait .... is rice carbs??

Have you kept a food diary?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I have kept a food journal and i know my triggers, this one just seemed odd as I waited so long to go to bed so I wouldn't get heartburn and I did!
    I didn't eat any triggers, but I did put pepper on my chicken - could have been that?
    But I don't eat, tomato, garlic, onion, heavy fats, nothing fun .....

Quote Originally Posted by tan235 View Post
    I have kept a food journal and i know my triggers, this one just seemed odd as I waited so long to go to bed so I wouldn't get heartburn and I did!
    I didn't eat any triggers, but I did put pepper on my chicken - could have been that?
    But I don't eat, tomato, garlic, onion, heavy fats, nothing fun .....
    It could have been. I've had some reflux that's awakened me a good 8-10 hours after eating a trigger food. That's why I asked. For example, my wife made an amazing soup that had beef in it. I ate around 6 and I can feel it coming back on me. Took a swig of Mylanta and I still feel bloaty and full... I'm thinking the fats in the meat aren't agreeing with me. Eh... it happens. I just wouldn't attribute it to anything bad

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Im curious, do IBS and GERD often go hand in hand? I have IBS and sinus issues too

I Have ibs as well so I’d say yes there is a correlation!

Anyone experience anything similar?

Quote Originally Posted by tan235 View Post
    Ps I've had GERD for about 10 years and Losec helps but I'm on a really low dose of 10mg and had stopped for a week - started again today.
    PPS: I have had H Pylori but was cleared of that 3 months ago but maybe it's back?
    x
    Have you tried Zantac instead of Losec? Zantac is a H2 receptor antagonist, whereas Losec is a PPI.

I can't take PPI's but am ok on zantac for a while. You could also try some Multi Digestive enzymes with your meals. Vitafit is a good one

I take Nexium 40mg and try not too eat anything other than steamed fish and veg,boring but I suffer terrible, I also take Priobotics which psychologically help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information