Thread: Bit the bullet. Seeing a gp. Nervous as hell. :(

Unhappy Bit the bullet. Seeing a gp. Nervous as hell. :(

I can't focus on anything. I still have acid reflux and globus (and the thoughts, of course, saying 'what if it's something sinister'... vicious cycle.

So I decided to just bite the bullet and book a gp appointment. It's in two days and I am anxious as hell. I am worried that they're going to suggest an endoscopy or something...I'm a sensitive soul and hate intrusive tests. I just hope we can try something easy like prescriptions gerd stuff first and see if that helps.

I just want my life to be normal and not constantly centered around the next dumb symptom my body makes up. I'm sure a lot of you can relate.

Re: Bit the bullet. Seeing a gp. Nervous as hell. :(

Really pleased that you’re seeing a gp. I did that too after about a month of reflux/heartburn symptoms. First they suggested medicine - omeprazole. Then 4 weeks later, because that hadn’t helped, they sent me for an ultrasound scan. Because that didn’t show anything, I’ve got an endoscopy booked in 2 weeks. I am scared of it, but I’m also really fed up of the symptoms.

So, that maybe a path that your doctor takes. Keep us updated x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Bit the bullet. Seeing a gp. Nervous as hell. :(

Quote Originally Posted by elvenia View Post
    I can't focus on anything. I still have acid reflux and globus (and the thoughts, of course, saying 'what if it's something sinister'... vicious cycle.

So I decided to just bite the bullet and book a gp appointment. It's in two days and I am anxious as hell. I am worried that they're going to suggest an endoscopy or something...I'm a sensitive soul and hate intrusive tests. I just hope we can try something easy like prescriptions gerd stuff first and see if that helps.

I just want my life to be normal and not constantly centered around the next dumb symptom my body makes up. I'm sure a lot of you can relate.
    It’s almost guaranteed that they will recommend PPIs (either prescription or OTC) as a starting point and go from there. Im not sure how old you are, but I don’t envision a doctor jumping to endoscopy as a first step unless there’s other red flags, as it is an invasive procedure.

Thread Information