Thread: Feel like I'm wasting doctor's time

Feel like I'm wasting doctor's time

The GP I go to are fine, but I always have that feeling in the back of my head that I might be a nuisance or a hassle, because despite my constant different feelings, they don't find much wrong with me.

Because of it, I have been constant obsession or notice my symptoms over and over again.
    It's hard to know what is real and what is just part of anxiety or depression, .

I end up making appointments in late morning when the feelings get too much due to anxiety which are really for emmergency appointments. Sometimes I do manage to speak to a nurse who checks my symptoms. Which is now why I feel awkward and a nuisance.

Had blood tests, ecg, all fine, had antacids a few times due to acid reflux symptoms and getting CBT for anxiety, but still never feel well, there's always something wrong with me.

I try to ignore my symptoms and uncomfortable feelings like body/joint aches and numbness that go up to my nose but ignoring doesn't help.
    I go cycling, keep myself occupied, but still feel not right.

What's bothering me this time is the pressure in the back of my nose and in the ears, itchy and like someone sticking a finger in my ears.

Had it on and off since last year, worse this time of the year and has come back, had some moments of volume going low or ears popping and palet moving, jaw and teeth pain and IBS like symptoms.

I was born deaf in one ear and have a crooked nose but they never bothered me much before..

I been on antibiotics, and nasal spray.

I just recently finished another double dose of steroid nasal sprays to reduce inflammation in my sinuses and release the fluid stuck in my ears.

Does this mean it's anxiety I don't know..

I still feel the same, I get annoying brain fog or cant think properly sometimes, when lying down where my nose blocks.
    I get that sensation of fatigue, tired anxious depressed and itchy ears, nauseated and just never feel right.

All this is currently mild at the moment, some days are better than others.

I have two feelings, the first one is feeling awkward about seeing a doctor or showing my self up at the gp clinic and it turns out to be nothing much, or something that goes by itself eventually, some day.

Or the nurse might think I'm going crazy, because last time I was convinced I have a thyroid problem which I didn't.

And the other that it might be something that hasn't been diagnosed yet. (Not that I don't trust them)..which takes me to my imaginary mind speaking about my symptoms to a doctor or being anxious about some hidden tumor or MS.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Feel like I'm wasting doctor's time

I understand the symptoms you're getting, and the anxiety they must cause, so my question would be: what are you doing about getting your HA under control? Any therapy or meds?

Never Surrender, Comrade

Re: Feel like I'm wasting doctor's time

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    I understand the symptoms you're getting, and the anxiety they must cause, so my question would be: what are you doing about getting your HA under control? Any therapy or meds?
    Hi, thanks for your message, I am currently doing CBT, it helps like a guide to dealing with anxiety, but not always, I try to keep my mind away from any feeling that pops up most if the times or just try to ignore it and avoid doing things that just makes it worse like searching symptoms or feelings online.

Thread Information