Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Freaking out over possible HIV

Re: Freaking out over possible HIV

Hello thank you all for your support, though I can't help but worry again. I just can't help but think she might have lied to me. I'm going to try and go to a clinic tomorrow to see if I have oral thrush. Oral thrush is very common sign/symptom of HIV and I really think I have it. What's worse is that I think I'm beginning to get diarrhea, which is also an early sign of HIV. I was just beginning to think that I'm in the clear, and then I start worrying again. Every time I look up oral thrush, it gets more likely that I have it, and if I have it then I begin worrying that I have HIV. Then there's the possibility that I'm getting diarrhea, which is another early sign, and it's finally been over a week since the possible exposure. I'm sorry guys, I just keep on worrying about this.
    Also I apologize Pipkin, no one was responding to when I posted under symptoms and I began freaking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Worriertoomuch View Post
    Hello thank you all for your support, though I can't help but worry again. I just can't help but think she might have lied to me. I'm going to try and go to a clinic tomorrow to see if I have oral thrush. Oral thrush is very common sign/symptom of HIV and I really think I have it. What's worse is that I think I'm beginning to get diarrhea, which is also an early sign of HIV. I was just beginning to think that I'm in the clear, and then I start worrying again. Every time I look up oral thrush, it gets more likely that I have it, and if I have it then I begin worrying that I have HIV. Then there's the possibility that I'm getting diarrhea, which is another early sign, and it's finally been over a week since the possible exposure. I'm sorry guys, I just keep on worrying about this.
    Also I apologize Pipkin, no one was responding to when I posted under symptoms and I began freaking out.
    Changes in bowels such as diarrhea can also be caused by worrying too much!! Go to doctor if you are concerned and hopefully they’ll clear you. How do you know you have oral thrush? Oral thrush can also be caused by many things.

Thank you Blue23Blent, I hope it is just the worrying too much that is causing the diarrhea. I plan on going to a doctor soon, I'm just trying to find the cheapest option since there's like nowhere in my town or the next town over that takes aetna medicaid. And I think I have oral thrush because I have a white coating over my tongue, dry lips, and red bumps in the back of my throat, I'm pretty sure it's oral thrush. I know there are other causes for oral thrush, but every time I read about they say it's highly unlikely to get it without a weakened immune system and is very common for HIV. It just seems too coincidental for me to get thrush right after the possible exposure. I really hope you're right, but I just can't keep my mind off of this.

There is no way in a week or two you developed symptoms of HIV. It takes weeks to develop symptoms. I'd see if you have local HIV/AIDS program near you and ask for a rapind test to put you at ease. The local programs can do a quick swab test.

Thank you Blue23Blent, I hope it is just the worrying too much that is causing the diarrhea. I plan on going to a doctor soon, I'm just trying to find the cheapest option since there's like nowhere in my town or the next town over that takes aetna medicaid. And I think I have oral thrush because I have a white coating over my tongue, dry lips, and red bumps in the back of my throat, I'm pretty sure it's oral thrush. I know there are other causes for oral thrush, but every time I read about they say it's highly unlikely to get it without a weakened immune system and is very common for HIV. It just seems too coincidental for me to get thrush right after the possible exposure. I really hope you're right, but I just can't keep my mind off of this.
    A doctor or dentist should be able to tell you if you have oral thrush within seconds. Have you been?

Do you have CVS Minute Clinics near you? I think they are generally affordable even without insurance. Ask first if course, but I'm sure they could test for that there. I have one inside the Target near me.

Planned parenthood will do a rapid test for very little if there’s one nearby.

Didn't the woman you were with say she got tested and isn't HIV positive? So what's the worry?

Aww, I feel so bad that this is bothering you so much! You are really beating yourself up, and worrying before you have any solid facts! Your probably not sleeping, or eating well, and this is going to break your system down, and make your stomach upset. Please get checked as soon as you can, and you will feel so much better. You are just having major intrusive thoughts, please don't let it take over your life. Your so young, and have so much to look forward to! Your gonna live to 110! Enjoy the college life! I will keep checking in, if you need to vent Mckenzie

Thank you all so much for your concern. I can't get an HIV test until October for the results to be accurate, and it'll be free. I'm still trying to find a cheap clinic, and I checked online and the closest CVS clinic is 54 miles away.
    I know she says she tested, I just have a hard time believing she actually went since there is no proof. I know it sounds ridiculous because why would she have any reason to lie to me, but my worries are just getting the better of me.
    And I really hope you're right Doxiemama, your support is very reassuring. I honestly haven't been getting enough sleep or food.I will try my best to stay positive. Thank you all for your support and listening to me even now. I probably sound insane, so thank you for still being there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information