Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mole has changed. Spiralling big time

Re: Mole has changed. Spiralling big time

Two weeks and nothing. This wait is awful. Could be another two weeks :(

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

UPDATE

Today I phoned the consultant's secretary, and she said the results weren't in, but she'd check LabCentre (computer programme which contains lab results taken in our Trust)

She then said they were in, she'd leave them out for the Consultant this afternoon to look at and I should hear shortly.

I then (to try and figure out what she'd seen) said "will I hear by letter or phone call?"and the secretary said something about sometimes the consultant will phone to go through the results "if she has time" and something about a letter. She did say that I should "leave it until Monday or Tuesday"

I then got too paranoid in work and phoned her again and begged if I could find out the results today. She said she'd email the consultant and ask her if she could contact me re: the results. And again she "might" phone if she has time.

I'm worried it's melanoma and I feel so low. But part of me is panicking less because she said "leave it to Tuesday" because, by that stage,the letter could arrive.

What does everyone think? The consultant never phoned despite seeing my results this afternoon.

I'm off tomorrow and I'm going out to get drunk tonight :(

Quote Originally Posted by RadioGaGa View Post
    What does everyone think?...I'm off tomorrow and I'm going out to get drunk tonight :(
    It's been weeks. If it were serious, you would have heard by now.

I think you're spiraling over this and getting drunk is a really bad idea!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

@Fishmanpa

Thank you for your reply.

Sadly, I had my biopsy carried out on the NHS, rather than with my "private" dermatologist. What's bad about this is, it's commonplace for people with melanoma to wait 3, 4 or even more weeks just to find out. The sole reason being because it's done on the NHS.

Had I had this done with my private Derma, I'd have had the results phoned through to me (good or bad) within the week. Oh how I regret not pushing for the biopsy with her.

I'll be phoning the secretary tomorrow because I can't take this wait any longer. It's tearing me up inside, and whether the result be good or bad, I just need to know.

I'll keep you all updated

After all this drama I’ve caused (and my drunken rant last night)

I’m happy to say the consultant just phoned and the mole is BENIGN!

I am glad you are ok It is such a relief when you find out it is nothing to worry about when you have been so anxious and worried.

Skin c-word used to be one of my number 1 fears/triggers. I remember having full-on meltdowns in doctors waiting rooms over going to see them about moles. Bizarrely, I can look back now and just laugh - but at the time it was horrendous.

You never have to apologise for talking about your fears by the way.

Are you getting and help for your anxiety at the moment?

snowflake93

Thanks for your kind words I just feel so embarrassed because I work at the same hospital (in Pharmacy) because they all probably know I have health anxiety now.

And when the consultant phoned this morning, I was so speechless/over the moon I could hardly speak... I didn't really say much so I'm hoping she didn't think I was rude.

I've got CBT scheduled with my GP (although she's unsure how soon that will be).

Definitely I *NEED* to go for this CBT as the anxiety is out of hand now. I lost 9lbs over the last month with worry/not eating.

I'm actually able to relax today - haven't felt this in a long time.

So, just to reassure anyone who reads this in the future worried about a changing mole - mine got darker in the centre, which as we all know, change is a worrying sign, but particularly when it's in the centre and not throughout the mole... But despite this, my mole was still benign - as over 90% of changing moles are, just as my case has proven

snowflake93

Thanks for your kind words I just feel so embarrassed because I work at the same hospital (in Pharmacy) because they all probably know I have health anxiety now.

And when the consultant phoned this morning, I was so speechless/over the moon I could hardly speak... I didn't really say much so I'm hoping she didn't think I was rude.

I've got CBT scheduled with my GP (although she's unsure how soon that will be).

Definitely I *NEED* to go for this CBT as the anxiety is out of hand now. I lost 9lbs over the last month with worry/not eating.

I'm actually able to relax today - haven't felt this in a long time.

So, just to reassure anyone who reads this in the future worried about a changing mole - mine got darker in the centre, which as we all know, change is a worrying sign, but particularly when it's in the centre and not throughout the mole... But despite this, my mole was still benign - as over 90% of changing moles are, just as my case has proven
    You sound very similar to me. When my anxiety is bad it affects my appetite too. Make sure you eat some nice, wholesome nourishing meals to help your body replenish itself now

Never be ashamed of anything mental health related (I know that is easier said than done) It must be super difficult working in a pharmacy when you have health anxiety. You should be proud of yourself for having the insight to know it is anxiety related now and seeking help to get CBT.

You will get through this Well done!

After all this drama I’ve caused (and my drunken rant last night)

I’m happy to say the consultant just phoned and the mole is BENIGN!
    Courtesy of your friendly neighborhood "Told Ya So Gang"

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information