Page 12 of 152 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Phil Iam going to be perfectly blunt with you. 1. You will run out of money sooner than later do you really want this?? 2. Unless you get serious help for your OCD you will be posting the same old stuff on here years down the line, there are no other solutions right now, apart from getting some much needed help for your OCD, can you not see that?????
    Please get some help for your OCD..... ATB
    Yes moving house has seen my ocd hit it’s worst level again. Sometimes it eases off but at the moment it’s not been great.

Perhaps some help would be good like I say if I could clean stuff and feel fine about it that would be good but I seem to want to replace stuff

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Yes moving house has seen my ocd hit it’s worst level again. Sometimes it eases off but at the moment it’s not been great.

Perhaps some help would be good like I say if I could clean stuff and feel fine about it that would be good but I seem to want to replace stuff
    Exactly Phil find tools that will help Some help would be good for you it's worth exploring even if its private it's much cheaper than replacing things all time it will be good to here that you are getting help instead of struggling all the time ATVB

Exactly Phil find tools that will help Some help would be good for you it's worth exploring even if its private it's much cheaper than replacing things all time it will be good to here that you are getting help instead of struggling all the time ATVB
    I have just moved house so quite skint

However I emailed some private councillors who do ocd cbt about £40 a session maybe I can spread it out one a month or something?

I have just moved house so quite skint

However I emailed some private councillors who do ocd cbt about £40 a session maybe I can spread it out one a month or something?
    That's a good start Phil, I would also contact NHS Choices and see if they can offer a no charge for CBT service. And also see while you are getting the private CBT if there are any MH charities like Mind that offer CBT free. I am glad you are seeing sense on getting some help Phil let us know how you get on ATVB

That's a good start Phil, I would also contact NHS Choices and see if they can offer a no charge for CBT service. And also see while you are getting the private CBT if there are any MH charities like Mind that offer CBT free. I am glad you are seeing sense on getting some help Phil let us know how you get on ATVB
    Yes the ocd has got to a worse level since I moved as everything has to perfect like I said I paid for loads of work to get done as I never wanted my dad to do it. Not sure how bad ocd can get? However sometimes it’s a struggle with all these thoughts and perfection routines maybe talking can offer some help

Yes the ocd has got to a worse level since I moved as everything has to perfect like I said I paid for loads of work to get done as I never wanted my dad to do it. Not sure how bad ocd can get? However sometimes it’s a struggle with all these thoughts and perfection routines maybe talking can offer some help
    That's the thing it can get worse if not dealt with Phil A bit like a damp patch on the ceiling if not fixed will get worse give it go and let us know how you get on ATB

That's the thing it can get worse if not dealt with Phil A bit like a damp patch on the ceiling if not fixed will get worse give it go and let us know how you get on ATB
    I’ve went for one appointment once every 4 weeks as that’s all I can afford. Do you think the CBT on offer will sort my ocd is it about managing or can you recover from it? I explained to her I’ve went private and never had proper cbt ..

Got a week or two to wait for first appointment

Right got an appointment is about 2 weeks Away

Anyway what’s troubling me at the moment is items in a location where I’ve blocked toilets my partners parents house and my work I worry the work items in shop are contaminated and ask her dad painted the fence and it was his brush so can’t be sure where it’s been maybe painted a bathroom a living room I have no idea do this makes me a little anxious.

Do you think they will fix my fears of blocked toilets? I know i shouldn’t block toilets however it’s the fear once it’s blocked that the area floor walls items in the place are contaminated ...?

I blocked the downstairs toilet once and he used a bag but not sure how the whole house is contaminated not figured that out yet

Right got an appointment is about 2 weeks Away

Anyway what’s troubling me at the moment is items in a location where I’ve blocked toilets my partners parents house and my work I worry the work items in shop are contaminated and ask her dad painted the fence and it was his brush so can’t be sure where it’s been maybe painted a bathroom a living room I have no idea do this makes me a little anxious.

Do you think they will fix my fears of blocked toilets? I know i shouldn’t block toilets however it’s the fear once it’s blocked that the area floor walls items in the place are contaminated ...?

I blocked the downstairs toilet once and he used a bag but not sure how the whole house is contaminated not figured that out yet
    Hi Yes CBT will treat all OCD it's in the NICE guide lines and is the preferred treatment. you do have several issues some worse than the others. So what you say to us on here you must tell your therapist., be honest and upfront I think it's possible to recover or at least manage your OCD when it strikes The first meeting will probably be a assessment one. Get all your baggage out on the table. And take it from there you will probably be given work sheets to read through in between sessions these are designed to help and are tools to keep you on the straight and narrow Please let us know how you get on! Good luck ATB

The contamination issue has returned today.

Some rubbish was removed from my recycling by my parents and taken through the house and living room to the green bin at the back. They claim to have went via the back lane but they are lying as the backside key was used.

I was on the shower at the time so can’t be sure. Now yes I’m my old flat I had a side door rubbish went via the kitchen through the hall..

However my furniture is in the living room and I fear contamination?

Page 12 of 152 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread Information