Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Outrage over historical films, TV shows, songs, etc.

Re: Outrage over historical films, TV shows, songs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    But if purifying is the answer they had better start pulling down every portrait and statue going because I think they will struggle not to find bigoted attitudes in history. Go back even further and our father's were raping & pillaging swinging axes into each other's faces on battlefields.
    Yes, I agree. I think that's part of the accepting our history and learning from it.

The other day someone was reading part of Langston Hugh's poem Let American Be America Again and this line is so striking:

O, let America be America again—
    The land that never has been yet
    And yet must be—the land where every man is free.

I think it really sums us up - We have this idea of what America means, but we've never really achieved it. If we realize that we have hope of someday getting there. Instead, when terrible things happen - like rounding up immigrants or police brutality we all like to say, "that's unAmerican!" ... but it's really not, it's our entire history!

All,

I understand the sentiment of what you are all saying. You can’t delete history no matter how uncomfortable and we must never forget it nor fail to learn from the lessons it taught us. In fact, we should use these lessons to direct us to do better in the future.

The point of my message is to make you all think before you post. We are a totally inclusive site and there is no room for discrimination against any with protected characteristics. Indeed, we are all anxiety sufferers and know better than most what it’s like to feel invalid and isolated.

Hey, but what do I know? Only that we all deserve to be treated with fairness and dignity.

Pip x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    This has nothing to do with racial equality or justice of any kind. Blacks are being used as proxy warriors to spread anarchy so that order could be created out of chaos. Now, they're planning a Charlottesville type of false flag in Britain which will lead to racial violence and further tension. Both sides are being manipulated and controlled, BLM is funded by George Soros. This won't end well for black people, their culture has already been subverted through Gangsta rap which glorifies drugs, violence and crime. Rioting and destroying a few statues won't improve their socioeconomic situation in the long term.
    With regards to gangsta rap music, and it's obnoxious attributes, which also involves White persons (e.g, Eminem), hardly anyone seems to bat an eyelid, but people get all uptight over stuff like Fairytale Of New York and even classic 70s comedy dramas like On The Buses and Fawlty Towers.

And you're probably correct that certain factions of our population are using the BLM protests as some excuse to let rip, especially
    those who are hell-bent on anarchy just for the sake of it and this is the latest 'trigger'.

Twas ever thus I suppose.

This is all the inevitable, logical outcome of 70 years of liberalism and progressivism in the West. It was always going to come to this. Whether you welcome this new phase or fear it, well...to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Panicattacka View Post
    This is all the inevitable, logical outcome of 70 years of liberalism and progressivism in the West. It was always going to come to this. Whether you welcome this new phase or fear it, well...to each his own.
    Perhaps we're kind of at fault for being so blase about a lot of issues for all these years, and inadvertently developing the blame game culture, when and where a lot of us ourselves should have instead been putting our own houses in order, rather than shrugging it off with the typical 'it's someone else's fault/problem'.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    With regards to gangsta rap music, and it's obnoxious attributes, which also involves White persons (e.g, Eminem), hardly anyone seems to bat an eyelid, but people get all uptight over stuff like Fairytale Of New York and even classic 70s comedy dramas like On The Buses and Fawlty Towers.

And you're probably correct that certain factions of our population are using the BLM protests as some excuse to let rip, especially
    those who are hell-bent on anarchy just for the sake of it and this is the latest 'trigger'.

Twas ever thus I suppose.
    I think Hollow means they are being used to give an excuse for stricter control of people. Agent provocateur style.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Hollow, we aren't mind readers so can you explain your point otherwise all I see here is an inflammatory post aimed at stoking things up?

Hollow, we aren't mind readers so can you explain your point otherwise all I see here is an inflammatory post aimed at stoking things up?
    Careful Terry, you can't suggest that someone here dwells under bridges or you'll get your post removed.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Careful Terry, you can't suggest that someone here dwells under bridges or you'll get your post removed.
    I don't think Terry was suggesting Hol is a troll.

I think it would be more apt to replace "UK" with "British Empire" in this case, for it was responsible for exporting slavery and misery to the 4 corners of the earth, under control of "The Crown". It was the very essence of "racism". Yet I don't see protesters outside palaces and toppling statues of Queen Victoria, under whose reign the savage East India Company operated.

There is no value in violent protests, looting or vandalism. None of this will bring those who suffered and died under police or colonial injustice back. All it does is further reinforce the division and hate.

All lives matter - equally.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information