Page 38 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Sometimes you have to help yourself too and not just wait for the therapist to work her magic.

So how do you know the amazon locker is cleaner than your letterbox? You’ve had loads of things delivered since the incident, and everything has been fine.

With regards to the wash basket, no-one can help you with that problem except yourself. Ignore the thoughts & move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Sometimes you have to help yourself too and not just wait for the therapist to work her magic.

So how do you know the amazon locker is cleaner than your letterbox? You’ve had loads of things delivered since the incident, and everything has been fine.

With regards to the wash basket, no-one can help you with that problem except yourself. Ignore the thoughts & move on.

Yes I mean I got those new jeans and I worried they went too close to my dirty laundey so i bought another the bad news is I put them In my case so I worry they have contaminated that too. I get thoughts like “train seat will be contaminated” and I can’t sit there or go on that train again.

And I know the amazon locker may not be clean but my mind only plays on stuff that has actually happened or I’ve seen.

A lot of thoughts I get are faulse is this a kind of magical thinking as my mind comes up with stuff and I end up replacing and avoiding ?

My ocd has been bad again.

I went to the toilet cleaned my backside it was clean on second wipe it wasn't so I binned my jeans and u underwear

---------- Post added at 22:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:58 ----------

My partner put my rucksack on my bed and I change my clothes there so I worry about the germs last time this happened to the spare bed I bought a new rucksack

You really need to stop this Phil and get help. You cannot carry on like this.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    You really need to stop this Phil and get help. You cannot carry on like this.
    Yes totally I am getting help though had 5 sessions of therapy now seems no instant results

There are no instant results, you have to work at it too.

Does your partner show any concern for your OCD/anxieties, Phil? Would she be prepared to work with you to help you lessen the intensity of your fears?

I've decided to post again as I need some help

My partner touched a piece of dirty washing and opened back door my back was turned so she claims it was with her foot but I believe it was her hands and I want a new back door or handle.

My issue is even if she did cleaning isn't enough. Just like letter box the issue is on my mind all day. Only replacing helps. The ocd goes with the worst case situation?

Therapy isnt working how can I resist not buying a new door?

You can deal with this Phil. Cleaning is enough, to be honest cleaning isn’t really even needed.

It’s ok to think it through for a bit, but choose to ignore the compulsions.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    You can deal with this Phil. Cleaning is enough, to be honest cleaning isn’t really even needed.

It’s ok to think it through for a bit, but choose to ignore the compulsions.

Yes two other issues I have is if I take a bath towel I get a thought it's dirty and have to change towels and same with trousers if I get a toughly they are dirty I change them can you recommend what I can do about these ocd issues?

Page 38 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread Information