Thread: sharp stabbing pain left breast really anxious

sharp stabbing pain left breast really anxious

Hi I am really anxious I have a sharp stabbing pain coming and going in the left side of my chest on my left breast. I can put my finger on it . I had it earlier on in the evening but went to sleep I am now awake and it keeps on coming and going. Strange thing was when I woke up I started thinking about the pain I had earlier and then I started experiencing it. Is that a coincidence? I have been really anxious all day as I am due to travel tomorrow and I hate travelling. How would I know if it was a heart attack. 10 minutes now and no chest pain. Really anxious. I took a diazepam at 8pm thinking of taking another one.

Re: sharp stabbing pain left breast really anxious

heart attack pain is in the centre of the chest - this sounds like anxiety/ muscular

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by gordie1 View Post
    Hi I am really anxious I have a sharp stabbing pain coming and going in the left side of my chest on my left breast. I can put my finger on it . I had it earlier on in the evening but went to sleep I am now awake and it keeps on coming and going. Strange thing was when I woke up I started thinking about the pain I had earlier and then I started experiencing it. Is that a coincidence? I have been really anxious all day as I am due to travel tomorrow and I hate travelling. How would I know if it was a heart attack. 10 minutes now and no chest pain. Really anxious. I took a diazepam at 8pm thinking of taking another one.
    Hiya gordie. I would not worry and stress about your chest pain as you have said something in your post which gives it away "you can put yor finger on it" this is nothing more that a muscular aches and pains.
    If you can pin point the area that is giving you pain it points away from anything like heart attacks of heart related pains.

I get sharp chest pain on a daily bias and you just have to get used to it to help take your mind of it.

This is my opinion from a fellow sufferer (But please bear in mind I am no doctor).

If it carrys on for more that a week get yourself checked out with the doctor (or gets worse)

But try some tiger balm (red) help with musle pains

Hi

I have also experienced this pain. I generally notice it comes and goes throught the day and can last 4-5 days for me.
    I did mention it at my last docs appointment and they put it down to anxiety. I generally find if I am calm and dont think about it, it goes away (easier said than done I know)

Hope it disappears soon for you but feel free to message me if you want to in the mean time :-)

X

Hi I get this to in left breast under breast, as Nicola said heart attack pain is in center of chest, I was told mine is due to tensing up muscles in that side when I have anxiety or panic attacks, if you can pinpoint it and type and post in here it's not a heart attack. I know this thread is old but wanted to post you are not alone

Thread Information