Thread: Persistent left ovary pain

Unhappy Persistent left ovary pain

I'm hoping you ladies can help me...I'm at my wit's end

I'm 29 and have had heavy, painful periods my whole life. A lot of the pain is focused in my left ovary. I've gone through periods of time where I get cramps near the ovary for months, then it's gone. And I usually don't stress about it too much, was always normal to me I guess? I had an ultrasound about 10 year ago? She said it was nothing, pointed out follicles.

Recently, I've had the worst month of HA, possibly of my life. Bloating, concentrated, pretty sustained cramps/dull ache in my left ovary area, some diarrhea, bloating, lower left back pain, weird achy/pulled feeling in my upper left leg. It's driven my anxiety through the roof. I had a CBC blood test about 6 months ago for something else and it was fine.

Does anyone have any encouragement? Does my age help at all in it not being the dreaded OC? I can't work up the courage to go to the doctors (let alone my fear of going to the gyno in general)...I'm so worried about what they could find. I'm also worried I'm wasting away my hopefully "healthy" years on things like this.

Re: Persistent left ovary pain

Hello Kara,

i understand what you're going through as i have a similar issue of my own with some of the same symptoms - feeling a bit bloated, weird pain in my ovary etc. i also had a blood test around the same time as you which was fine!

i would definitely go to your doctor as i find that a lot of the time they can be very reassuring and help get you peace of mind. i know how scary it is, the worst part is the waiting.

let me know how you get on though - here for you !

x

Definitely go to your doctor for a check up although judging by your recent test results I’m sure everything is fine.

I sometimes get ovulation pain that sounds exactly like you’re describing, but have you ruled out ovulation pain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks very much for your responses, ladies. I really appreciate it. I finally worked up the courage to go to my PCP, and that appointment is later today. I'm pretty scared, praying that it's going to be ok, that it won't be anything bad. I'm exhausted from this long-term worry, and I have a vacation coming up that I've been looking forward to all year. I just really want this to be ok so that I can properly enjoy it. Thanks again for your help!

Hi Kara,

How did your appointment go? I went through a similar scare earlier this year. Definitely my worst bout of HA. From January to May I had the exact same pain as you: constant period like cramping, localized pain on the right side of my pelvic area, back and thigh. Sometimes if I bent down the pain would get worse and I could feel it in my back more. Other times my thigh hurt so much that I would literally knead it with my palms to get relief. I actually had an ultrasound done along with a transvaginal and it came out clean. They didn’t find anything except a small 2cm follicle. It wasn’t even a cyst! Regardless, the pain did go away eventually. But my ultrasound was in Feb and the pain disappeared in May. So it took a while. I am assuming it came from the follicle, but I don’t know. I’m 31 btw. So trust me, I’m sure you’re fine

---------- Post added at 17:57 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

Oh btw, because of my severe anxiety during this time I actually lost 10 pounds because I didn’t have an appetite so that made things even worse. I seriously thought something was terribly wrong with me. I developed urinary urgency and even had diarrhea

Quote Originally Posted by KaraL84 View Post
    Thanks very much for your responses, ladies. I really appreciate it. I finally worked up the courage to go to my PCP, and that appointment is later today. I'm pretty scared, praying that it's going to be ok, that it won't be anything bad. I'm exhausted from this long-term worry, and I have a vacation coming up that I've been looking forward to all year. I just really want this to be ok so that I can properly enjoy it. Thanks again for your help!
    Hi Kara, how did your appointment go?
    I also have one today so feeling extra horrible, hoping everything will be okay and hoping the very same for you!

Thread Information