Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    The doctor said therapy isn’t suitable for me and refused it. Tried private counselling but this wasn’t any help for ocd as it was just talking
    That sucks mate so your dr expects you to go through your life with out any help? Re the private counselling did the therapist point you to some one who could help you? Why not Google how is ocd treated? No I don't buy that one bit, could you ask another dr for their opinion? I certainly wouldn't give up on this wonder what other members think what could work Good luck Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    That sucks mate so your dr expects you to go through your life with out any help? Re the private counselling did the therapist point you to some one who could help you? Why not Google how is ocd treated? No I don't buy that one bit, could you ask another dr for their opinion? I certainly wouldn't give up on this wonder what other members think what could work Good luck Cheers
    Yes basically I had a breakdown 2 years ago so required some tablets for it as it was a bipolar episode they promised some counselling but later said I wasn’t entitled to any that was the Psychiatrist too.

In the end private the was costing too much and not helping. I went for a free one which was again talk theropy but she just listened never spoke much so I quit that. Seems to be not much in my area I’m in Scotland.

Some of them give me print outs but more for general anxiety and panic. To be honest ocd cleaners on channel 4 offers more help than I’ve had from the doctor.

---------- Post added at 22:06 ---------- Previous post was at 22:04 ----------

And yes I paid for a counsellor one time and she said to me she couldn’t help or I wouldn’t benefit from her help

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

I will have to speak to Admin about invisible posts

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    "Just talking"? That's what talking therapy is, Phil

So doc says there is no treatment for you? That's just writing you off like a useless article j

I think you should find another doctor.
    I had to change doctors when I moved house.

Only got two doctors surgery’s near by. I only go for check ups with the Psychiatrist since I had the breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I had to change doctors when I moved house.

Only got two doctors surgery’s near by. I only go for check ups with the Psychiatrist since I had the breakdown.
    So is the psychiatrist saying there is no treatment for you?

Never Surrender, Comrade

Sadly this reflects my experience of mental health care in Scotland.

You see a psychiatrist once every 3 months if you are lucky and it is mainly for a meds review, not a real session at all.

I too have had a psychiatrist tell me that they could/would not do anything for me.

I am not sure what the answer is and it all depends on how able you are to fight the system.

Exposure Response Prevention is the treatment of choice for OCD. It is a form of CBT. Are there any providers of that near you?

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post

I am not sure what the answer is and it all depends on how able you are to fight the system.
    That's just it Elen - it angers me that patients are dumped like this, and if you can't or won't stand up for yourself and fight, you're left to rot.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    Sadly this reflects my experience of mental health care in Scotland.

You see a psychiatrist once every 3 months if you are lucky and it is mainly for a meds review, not a real session at all.

I too have had a psychiatrist tell me that they could/would not do anything for me.

Yep it was every three months but been cut to every year now for me.

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    Exposure Response Prevention is the treatment of choice for OCD. It is a form of CBT. Are there any providers of that near you?
    ERP then more intensive CBT are the guidelines. With or without drug therapy.

The trouble is, that's not a UK wide guideline. Scotland has it's own NHS and it's woefully behind with mental health. The equivalent body to NICE don't even have anxiety guidelines but are supposed to adopt what they can from NICE publications passed to them for review...supposed to.

There's no IAPT framework in Scotland. This means they area on the old system where it can be 12 months to see anyone, as it was in England prior to IAPT, and they are going straight into the service set up to deal with more serious mental health cases like bipolar, schizophrenia, etc so you can guess who will be their priority.

On the flip side, they will get to see better trained people since our IAPT is a stripped down service where staff hold lesser qualifications and therapies are very limited.

Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information