Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blood Tests

Re: Blood Tests

Rest assuredif anything really bad is discovered the hospital rings the GP, Have you thought that your symptoms have anything to do with a reduction in your meds which i believe you have done recently? As for how quick the results get to the gp it depends if the hospital and gps are computerised and compatable

Take care

Joy

Quote Originally Posted by joy View Post
    Rest assuredif anything really bad is discovered the hospital rings the GP, Have you thought that your symptoms have anything to do with a reduction in your meds which i believe you have done recently? As for how quick the results get to the gp it depends if the hospital and gps are computerised and compatable

Take care

Joy
    Hi, Thanks for your message, I don't think it is anything do to with the reduction in medication as i was already feeling like this before the reduction.

If something like anaemia were to show up would the GP ring me before the results come back or would they wait until i see them?

i shouldnt imagine they would ring you for any thing like anaemia as that can wait til your apt, it would have to be something more serious but dont panic if he does ring he obviously knows you are worried. depends how caring a doc he is. Not many docs would tho these days i suspect!!

you will be fine i had a blood test last thursday i know its worrying till results back but i rang today for mine and it was back already all was normal im sure yours will be also if your overly worried ring and see if back they usually are

Thanks for all the replies..................

I will ring the GP surgery and ask them if they have my results but i don't think they will as i only had them done yesterday morning but i know they usually get the results back quickly.

Blood test update......................................

I just rang my GP surgery and my results have come back already..........They all came back clear.

I am so pleased to hear your results are clear, it probably wont stop you worrying as you are still getting these horrible symptoms but at least there are certain things that you can now cross off the list, and the doctor will be able to take things from here and hopefully help you to feel better.
    Take care
    Helen

I'm glad that nothing has shown up on the results, that means things like anaemia, diabetes, thyroid disorders, kidney problems etc are ruled out and that is reassuring however i still have these symptoms and i hope my GP is going to get to the bottom of it.

great news about the results. When you see gp have a good chat. Ask them to really explain to you how healthy you are I think we sometimes need them to tell us exactly what the blood tests show we DON'T have. Then you will really be able to tick these off and deal with your symptoms in a better frame of mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information