Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dosage increase

dosage increase

Hi friends
    Me again!
    I'm am still having a terrible time on CIT (GAD) and it appears to be doing nothing for my Anxiety. I really don't know what to do, my pdoc says stick with it but I am thinking I need to either a. Have a dose increase or b. Taper off. Just waiting for a call
    Back from him. My days are horrendous and I am severely struggling. I am thinking I should just increase to see what happens, I don't think things could ever any worse and I don't want to lose the investment already made. What are your opinions please?
    Sorry to keep on about this but this forum is great support.
    Thanks
    Rich

Re: dosage increase

Sorry you are struggling, but I'm no fan of meds, so can't advise on that front.

how long are you on it and what dosage?
    Would be nice to follow your doc or see another doctor as well.
    Are doing any other therapy or actions for your anxiety?
    Do you have any family / friends support?

Quote Originally Posted by rich999 View Post
    Hi friends
    Me again!
    I'm am still having a terrible time on CIT (GAD) and it appears to be doing nothing for my Anxiety. I really don't know what to do, my pdoc says stick with it but I am thinking I need to either a. Have a dose increase or b. Taper off. Just waiting for a call
    Back from him. My days are horrendous and I am severely struggling. I am thinking I should just increase to see what happens, I don't think things could ever any worse and I don't want to lose the investment already made. What are your opinions please?
    Sorry to keep on about this but this forum is great support.
    Thanks
    Rich
    Rich, remind me, what supporting meds are you taking? Do you have anything like klonopin? And what is your work reality, are you able to taking something mildly sedating for a couple days? If so then klonopin is something to consider, and the sedating effect can be mitigated.

I would strongly recommend against coming off cit in the very near term; if you are really at that level of desperation, then it'd probably be best to switch to 10mg escit and give that a try first, before abandoning the cit/escit ship altogether. The startup crap, bad as it is, is a huge investment and I wouldn't want you to lose that. I think the last thing you want is to get switch to a totally different med and have to start from scratch.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

"When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi all
    20mg and 5 weeks give or take. I have family support still but there is only so much they can do.
    Keith, I have lorazapam (not much) but that is really only short term and provides only
    a few hours of rest bite. Is klonopin longer lasting?
    I am working from home or trying to at the moment.
    My mornings seem to start OK and then everything goes belly up.
    Thanks
    Rich

Rich, my understanding is that klonopin, which can safely be taken a few times a day, is more of a longer-acting anti-anxiety/panic solution. People do use it on a routine basis and for extended periods to lower their anxiety levels. So that might make more sense for you than something that has shorter-term effects like inderal.

In other words, if there is a high anxiety baseline, then you probably want a longer-acting med to help reduce that.

Klonopin carries some dependence risk, but honestly I think the risk is slight if used properly and routinely, and I'd be much more worried about dependence on the shorter-acting benzos that people pop like candy. I was using klonopin at a small fraction of the standard dose and it knocked back my anxiety in a big way. And I solved the drowsiness with a bit of tea or coffee.

Do you take it in the morning or night?
    I had the opposite effects, morning bad and evening OK
    Try to speak with your doctor or to see another one in case.. don't just stop all together.

Hi all
    20mg and 5 weeks give or take. I have family support still but there is only so much they can do.
    Keith, I have lorazapam (not much) but that is really only short term and provides only
    a few hours of rest bite. Is klonopin longer lasting?
    I am working from home or trying to at the moment.
    My mornings seem to start OK and then everything goes belly up.
    Thanks
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by rich999 View Post
    Is klonopin longer lasting?
    Yes, klonopin (clonazepam) is longer acting and you won't feel the effects stop abruptly; you can take it 2 or 3 times per day and reduce your anxiety baseline that way.

Lora and similar are used more for short-term panic attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by arfasc View Post
    Do you take it in the morning or night?
    I had the opposite effects, morning bad and evening OK
    Try to speak with your doctor or to see another one in case.. don't just stop all together.
    Hi, I take it in the morning. My pdoc was horrified when he found out I was taking it in the evening when I first started.
    Rich

---------- Post added at 19:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:46 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Yes, klonopin (clonazepam) is longer acting and you won't feel the effects stop abruptly; you can take it 2 or 3 times per day and reduce your anxiety baseline that way.

Lora and similar are used more for short-term panic attacks.
    Thanks Keith. I am very worried that CIT is not going to work for me and then I don't know what to do. In your opinion do you think a dosage increase would be wise? Just in case the drugs are in my system but are just not working as required?

Thanks
    Rich

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information