Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Omega3 for Anxiety & Depression

Omega3 for Anxiety & Depression

Hi all.

I have posted a few times on here, outlining my battle with Anxiety & Depression. I have tried lots all sorts to help me! However, after lots of research I decided to start taking Omega3 every day (the research claims that it is useful for Anxiety & Depression). Genuinely, I have never felt better. It's weird how this capsule has helped! My mood is brighter on a daily basis, my anxiety is lower and more manageable. I can concentrate more, and genuinely feel a lot happier and optimistic!

I have been taking them (with a good Multi vitamin) every morning for over a month now. If you choose to take them, make sure that it contains at least 200mg of Ethyl eicosapentaenoic acid. This 'acid' is what helps.

If you are considering to take them (I suggest you do) have a read of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-EPA

and this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega-3_fatty_acid

There is also lots of academic research available that outlines the effectivness of Omega3 (but I wont bore you with the links for these!).

These are the Omega3 Capsules that I currently take:

http://www.healthspan.co.uk/sleep-mood/omega-3-650mg/productdetail-p359-c114.aspx

If you suffer with depression & anxiety you really should give them a go. They have minimal side effects and are safe to take.

It might appear like I work for a company promoting Omega3....I dont! I just know how difficult and horrible depression & anxiety can be, and if I can help, I will!

If you have any questions or out, get in touch.

Good luck

Re: Omega3 for Anxiety & Depression

Thats brilliant, so happy for you! thanks for the links.x

Oddly enough I've started having sardines on toast for lunch a few times each week. When it's not sardines, it's usually Marmite which is apparently rich in b vitamins.

I'm not entirely sure why I'm mentioning this, but I guess I'll see whether there's any improvement over the coming weeks.

I'm glad it's helping you though.

Rous is offline Intermediate Member

Nice one Craigos!

My Mum used to tell me folk nowadays don't eat the right things any more, not like they used to before mega mass food production came about, she swore that when that happened they added bland useless stuff (like MSG <[Suspect of causing Obesity] & ash lol) and lost or used less of the good wholesome foods our ancestors used to have.

I take 2 0mega 6's everyday plus magnesium,calcium and potassium all of which are great help and known to help anxiety and stress,but really a good healthy diet of fresh fish,veg and fruit plus plenty water and plenty exercise is good
    Petra x

Thanks for the letting us no anything is worth trying to get me back on track, im going to buy some omega3 today x

I was very interested to find and read this thread! Thanks for sharing!

I have been resisting going on anti-depressants for the past 2 1/2 years... I have just been out to buy some Omega -3 capsules... I'm living in Vietnam, so can't get all the stuff that I can get in the west... .the ones that I've found contain 180mg of eicosapentaenoic acid ...not Ethyl eicosapentaenoic acid... I'm hoping that they will do the same job?

How many do you take? One a day or two.. the box i bought recommends taking one capsule, three times a day...

Thanks.

* A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single footstep *

* The only constant in life, is change *

I bought some but haven't taken any yet as i might ask my doctor before i do so but i bought some online and you can take up to 3 pills a day and that would contain.

3,300mg Fish Oil
    2,100mg Omega 3
    1,080mg EPA
    720mg DHA

You dont need to ask your Dr Eggy .They are perfectly safe and dont have any side effects .Sue x

Quote Originally Posted by suzy-sue View Post
    You dont need to ask your Dr Eggy .They are perfectly safe and dont have any side effects .Sue x
    Thanks, I ordered them last week and they were £16.50 which was quite expensive but there's enough to last me 2 months or so and these are very high strength Omega 3 pills.

I have done a lot of research on Omega 3 which prompted me to buy some, I have read that they are beneficial for Asthma (Which i have), Arthritis, he Heart, Depression, Anxiety, Memory Problems, Inflammation and even things like Aches & Pains and various other things so i thought i would buy some and give them a try.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information