Page 38 of 63 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Really scared I have colon cancer

Re: Really scared I have colon cancer

today is appt day. good thoughts for hypo.

I hope you were able to get some reassurance at your doc appt that all is well - and you can put this issue behind you! Positive thoughts coming your way!

Thank you so much for you alls concern I really appreciate it. Well I saw a different doctor today not my usual pcp. I told him about the back pain/stiffness, fatigue, and I told him about it causing
    me bad anxiety and depression. He told me was going to send me for a colonoscopy but wasn’t concerned about colorectal cancer at all. He also took a urine sampled to check for blood and everything. He’s also checking my auto immune antibodies, vitamin d and bunch of other stuff because of my multiple joint pains and soreness. He prescribed Paxil for the depression and anxiety said would also help me sleep. He didn’t seem to concerned of it being cancer or anything but he didn’t do a rectal exam like I hoped but I guess he didn’t think I needed it? Although I still kinda worry about it being cancer I do feel a little assured in a way. Just wonder about this worsening back pain and fatigue..

I haven’t had a ct or mri scan though of my back and pelvis, that’s the only way to rule out advanced cancer...

What’s the point of you going to the doc when you don’t believe what they say?

Hypo, do you have insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    I haven’t had a ct or mri scan though of my back and pelvis, that’s the only way to rule out advanced cancer...
    I have to assume if they haven’t referred you for those tests though, then they don’t see that there is a reason to do them? Assuming you’ve had bloodwork done, so if there were any concerning markers they would have continued to search for the reason. If you’ve been told your clear, you need to find a way to accept that and let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    No it isn't...and if there was such a need for this test, you would have had it scheduled.

Quote Originally Posted by UnimaginativeName View Post
    Hypo, do you have insurance?
    Unfortunately not at the moment I don’t. The medical practice I go to deals with people with no insurance and base everything off of what you make in a week. Most of the testing such as scans and everything you can set up payment arrangements if ever need be.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    I have to assume if they haven’t referred you for those tests though, then they don’t see that there is a reason to do them? Assuming you’ve had bloodwork done, so if there were any concerning markers they would have continued to search for the reason. If you’ve been told your clear, you need to find a way to accept that and let it go.
    Thr doctor took a bunch of blood work yesterday so we will see what comes of that. Yeah surely if he thought it was cancer or something he would of referee me for a scan?

Page 38 of 63 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread Information