Home | Contact | Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms and conditions
User Name
Password
Health Anxiety Health Anxiety. Please check other sub-forums first to see if your problem should be posted there instead. E.G. the IBS forum, the symptoms forum, male/female issues. Please also read this Website page: Health Anxiety
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 31-01-09, 03:13
lsa826 lsa826 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5
Re: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Wow! You described me to a T! I have had the same situation going on. Weird physical symptoms. I was sure I had MS after reading every God awful thing on the internet that only worsened my fears. After an MRI, an MRA and bloodwork which all came back fine I still worry that something else is horribly wrong n "the doctor just missed it". I have been told that this is all anxiety related and need to see a psychiatrist but havent been yet. I think this site will really help me. Its already nice to see people going through the same things I have been through and am still going through!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-02-09, 10:32
Dooges Dooges is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 39
Re: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Glad to hear that lsa826. Remember to remain positive
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-02-09, 12:47
mackiners mackiners is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1
Re: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

I just wanted to say how much I found this particular thread useful. It basically describes me to a T.

I have suffered nearly all these symptoms (currently getting the pins and needles, the aching muscles and joints, etc, etc). The symptoms sometimes move all over the body, but are normally just in the arms and legs although they come and go. I have been checked by my doctor, been to see a neurologist, had an MRI scan and been told it is all normal, in particular with no evidence of MS. I did have very minor degenerative changes to the cervical spine, but have been told this is basically "wear and tear" of the neck because I'm 35!

I have found it difficult to accept that a neurologist (at possibly the leading institute for neurology in the country) has told me that I am fine. I keep worrying that maybe they missed something, maybe they didn't hear me descibe my symptoms too well.

Now my resolution is to re-read this post every day, until I can accept that I am fine. I think finding this thread has saved me from going down the medication route.

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-02-09, 14:27
itoldyouiwasill's Avatar
itoldyouiwasill itoldyouiwasill is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 256
Re: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackiners View Post
I just wanted to say how much I found this particular thread useful. It basically describes me to a T.

I have suffered nearly all these symptoms (currently getting the pins and needles, the aching muscles and joints, etc, etc). The symptoms sometimes move all over the body, but are normally just in the arms and legs although they come and go. I have been checked by my doctor, been to see a neurologist, had an MRI scan and been told it is all normal, in particular with no evidence of MS. I did have very minor degenerative changes to the cervical spine, but have been told this is basically "wear and tear" of the neck because I'm 35!

I have found it difficult to accept that a neurologist (at possibly the leading institute for neurology in the country) has told me that I am fine. I keep worrying that maybe they missed something, maybe they didn't hear me descibe my symptoms too well.

Now my resolution is to re-read this post every day, until I can accept that I am fine. I think finding this thread has saved me from going down the medication route.

Thanks again.
Nah, don't bother with that....just accept you are fine now and get your life back today! Think of all the time it will save!

Glad the thread helped.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-02-09, 03:42
srthomas21 srthomas21 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 16
Thanks Brad

How long have you been going through this? I think mine started around August and gradually got worse and worse.

The neck stuff is weird isn't it. Some days are better than others but I am feeling better.

Did you ever have symptoms with your voice, like it was crackly ? Also was your energy level affected? I feel tired a lot and wonder if its anxiety related.

I never thought anxiety could do this to you. Did something particular bring your anxiety on or did it just come on its own?

Thanks again for your input.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-02-09, 19:00
Nutmeg's Avatar
Nutmeg Nutmeg is offline
New member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 62
Re: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Thank you! This is me! I am saving it so that I can read it when I was really anxious. I have only been to the doctor once and did tell her I thought it was anxiety. She agreed and in my mind I wish I had told her every symptom but I know it's anxiety and I'm fed up of constantly feeling like I am going to die. The problem I have is that I watched my gran die from this. And even though this probably makes me less likely to get it cos it wasn't the inherited kind so this makes me even more unlikely to get it. But that doesn't help me.

It is slowly easing up but it is taking a long time. Thanks for this I'm keepng my fingers crossed that it will eventually go all othere's have.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-02-09, 14:38
AcroSplat's Avatar
AcroSplat AcroSplat is offline
New member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 81
Re: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Good post Dooges!!!

*edit* just realised itoldyouiwasill originally wrote this. you have a great way of explaining it all.*edit*

I went though the same thing only last year. I had the muscle twitches, limb jerking, preceived weakness in left arm, pain in left arm for 2 months, dizzyness, blured vision.... even tripping over objects.

I coudln't understand why all of this would suddenly occur as i thought i never really had anxiety in the past.

So in a nutshell i spent 5 months worrying about MS and MND. Most people around here might remember me lol...... (itoldyouiwasill toldmeiwasntill so many times) My Gp told me i was fine, and after 4 months of symptoms sent me to a neuro, who also told me i was fine. I didnt belive them though.... well i did, as i left feeling happy everything was ok, but its like your brain wont let it go.

What finally made me realise that i had anxiety was reading my neuros report. He wrote everything we spoke about, almost as if he was writing a novel. You could even sense his tone and how he was astonished that i would think i had MS or MND in the first place. It made me feel like a proper hypocondryact.

I dont belive i am a hypocondryact but my doctor has listed me down on his computer as one. Guess i have no way of shaking label away lol.

So in September 2008..... after 5 months of symptoms and realising nothing was wrong with me.... (Your brain really has to accept it 100%) my symptoms - mostly muscle twitching and limb jerking slowy faded away. It took 3 months and didnt go overnight or in a week or two.

So basicaly ive been symptom free since Christmas. Ofcourse i get the odd twitch and limb jerk.... but thats normal. I only just notice it due to what i went through.

It saddens me that people still have to suffer from this heath anxiety.... i wasted 5 months of my life with it.

Last edited by AcroSplat; 08-02-09 at 21:11.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-02-09, 14:41
AcroSplat's Avatar
AcroSplat AcroSplat is offline
New member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 81
Re: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itoldyouiwasill View Post
Nah, don't bother with that....just accept you are fine now and get your life back today! Think of all the time it will save!

Glad the thread helped.

How are you doing Itoldyouiwasill? Has your Nervous System reset itself?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-02-09, 15:40
hopingitsanxiety hopingitsanxiety is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3
Re: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Hi there,

I am new to this forum and came across this thread. It describes exactly how i am feeling right now. I am convinced i have ms and i am so frustrated because nobody can help me. It started with tingling all over my body and throughout a 6 month time period things have got worse. I not have tingling, itching and burning sensations, my muscles twitch regularly and last nite i had electric shocks that jolted me awake, infact whever i try to sleep my muscle jerk will wake me up. I have random pain around my body, weakness and aches. I also feel dizzy when i walk. I'm really struggling, even my family dont want to be around me anymore cos i just cry constantly. I went to a and e today hoping they'd do a neuology test but i need to be referred. Have a doc appt tues so will ask for referal for an MRI. The thing is, i got a virus 2 yrs ago that stays latent in my body and some studies suggest that it is triggered by a virus so it all makes sense. I am so scared tho. Just can't help but feel so sad. My doctor thinks its anxiety but i am not convinced it would cause all this? and axiety about what?! My only anxiety is because of my symptoms. I am so afraid right now and want to fall into one big sleep and never wake up

I am sorry to be depressing. I am hoping someone can help me....
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-02-09, 21:07
AcroSplat's Avatar
AcroSplat AcroSplat is offline
New member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 81
Re: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopingitsanxiety View Post
Hi there,

I am new to this forum and came across this thread. It describes exactly how i am feeling right now. I am convinced i have ms and i am so frustrated because nobody can help me. It started with tingling all over my body and throughout a 6 month time period things have got worse. I not have tingling, itching and burning sensations, my muscles twitch regularly and last nite i had electric shocks that jolted me awake, infact whever i try to sleep my muscle jerk will wake me up. I have random pain around my body, weakness and aches. I also feel dizzy when i walk. I'm really struggling, even my family dont want to be around me anymore cos i just cry constantly. I went to a and e today hoping they'd do a neuology test but i need to be referred. Have a doc appt tues so will ask for referal for an MRI. The thing is, i got a virus 2 yrs ago that stays latent in my body and some studies suggest that it is triggered by a virus so it all makes sense. I am so scared tho. Just can't help but feel so sad. My doctor thinks its anxiety but i am not convinced it would cause all this? and axiety about what?! My only anxiety is because of my symptoms. I am so afraid right now and want to fall into one big sleep and never wake up

I am sorry to be depressing. I am hoping someone can help me....

Hi hopingitsanxiety

If your Dr said its all anxiety..... i would seriously belive him/her. Anxiety can casue these symptoms.... Especially muscle twitching and muscle jerks. These were my two major symptoms that convinced me i first has MS. Then while reading MS sites, i started getting burning skin sensations and other times it felt as if water was dripping on my skin. (These only occured because i read about them)

Basically back in April last year i woke up feeling really dizzy. I coudlnt understand what would be causing such a thing so the first thing i thought was a brain tumour and then Dr Google Suggested MS. My gp said it was a inner ear viral infection called Labyrinitis....... but the worry and this not believing them set off the twitching and muscle jerks..... which set off the weakness in my left arm, which set off more worry and then i would google and google then i had muscle pain in my left shoulder which lasted 2 months straight.


So basically, i would see your GP again on tues, If he says Anxiety then accept it. Doctors dont really explain how Anxiety causes your body to act like this, but mine did explain that your brain is connected to nerves that are connected to other parts of the body eg; skin and muscles. So when your brain gets consumed with all this worry, it sends out this overreacted impulses. (Well something like that anyway)

After you accept it... it will take a while for it all to calm down again. You would think once you stop the anxiety, the symptoms will fade.... but they dont. Well for some they do but for me it took 3 months.

So overall, yes anxiety can cause your symptoms, your symptoms will cause you to have more anxiety, and you can have these symptoms even when you think you arent anxious.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
multiple, newcomers, sclerosis, thread, worried


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a thread jill Contacting NMP with comments, questions & concerns, How To's and Technical help 4 02-09-08 19:09
Help-probably not a new thread! bongoboy Symptoms 8 16-03-08 20:18
thread Lindalou64 Contacting NMP with comments, questions & concerns, How To's and Technical help 10 17-07-07 22:41


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.