Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The end of the annual flu

Re: The end of the annual flu

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Phil lives in Glasgow so I expect anyone who coughs once worries about covid.
    No I don’t stay in Glasgow my point is my area has 40 cases vs Glasgow which has 400 but we are on level 3. Town I used to stay in last week reported zero cases which is crazy given we are living under tough restrictions get Fife is a lower level.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    But isn't that severe health anxiety in a nutshell?

I note from the figures that my local area has had a 733% increase in cases in the last week. Except for going to work, I am voluntarily going into lockdown. I have enough tinned and packet food for at least a fortnight, maybe three weeks - I just cannot take a chance with my own life.
    I think that's a good move PM, I presented Mrs F with the stats and allowed her to decide whether she wants to shield again. Our Achilles Heel however is my daughter working in our local Spar.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    No I don’t stay in Glasgow my point is my area has 40 cases vs Glasgow which has 400 but we are on level 3. Town I used to stay in last week reported zero cases which is crazy given we are living under tough restrictions get Fife is a lower level.
    It goes by which area health board you’re in, not towns etc. Ayrshire and Arran are under level 3 restrictions yet most of the towns and villages in these areas haven’t seen a positive case for weeks. They do, however, incorporate places like Kilmarnock, Irvine and Kilwinning which are larger towns so are seeing large amounts of cases.

Just the way the cookie crumbles I’m afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    I think that's a good move PM, I presented Mrs F with the stats and allowed her to decide whether she wants to shield again. Our Achilles Heel however is my daughter working in our local Spar.
    It's got worse. Overnight the cases have increased by five, which now makes our district purple on the map at https://coronavirus-staging.data.gov...nteractive-map

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    But isn't that severe health anxiety in a nutshell?

I note from the figures that my local area has had a 733% increase in cases in the last week. Except for going to work, I am voluntarily going into lockdown. I have enough tinned and packet food for at least a fortnight, maybe three weeks - I just cannot take a chance with my own life.
    You don't have to because you can control your own environment. You're doing the right thing, PM and hopefully your mental health will improve too.

If we shut down schools, social distanced, and wore masks every flu season, there's be barely any flu every year. It shows that doing those things prevents the spread of respiratory illness...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information