Page 34 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    You are not your ocd. Cleaning after a repairman has been is normal & will be more than enough. Replacing is expensive, unnecessary and will involve more repairmen.

Concentrate on relaxing and distraction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes I fear using the wash powder in machine will make it dirty?

And yes you are correct part of me accepts a toilet breaking was always going to cause some sort of germ worry as he would have to touch it

My head has quickly forgotten the toilet flusher issue and I have used wash powder and stuff the guy touched without worry that’s the good news.

Bad news is the letter box thoughts are still in my head the theripst wondered is it keeping me safe or something like the germs I explained what the worst that can happen is and it’s that I get these thoughts that’s the worst that happens. She says I need to tell myself the door is suitable and letter box does it’s job. She said if a letter dropped on a puddle would I worry I said. No. She awkowledged the wheelie bin would be dirty but doesn’t seem to think of it came from the bin I should worry, it’s strange as I would have thought the toilet flusher worry would cause me more anxiety as that is fact that it happened rather than the letter box which is just a thought I had which I couldn’t confirm. My mum said she also got new wheelie bins since i moved out I don’t believe her though. I still believe it came from the bin, Bank card isn’t stressing me that’s good news at the moment it’s just the physical urge to purchase a new door.

That was my third session and that was her just getting onto exposure therapy she reckons I need to reduce the hand washing and go long periods without washing.

---------- Post added at 23:54 ---------- Previous post was at 23:53 ----------

The theripst reckons i need to tap into my logical part of the the brain and at the moment I’m using the other part of the brain.

---------- Post added at 23:54 ---------- Previous post was at 23:54 ----------

She also said I need more frequent seasons but I can’t afford that

I have another worry good job I never got a new door as I would need another one already what happened this time is my mum walked to my house with the dog when I was out. I fear the dog pood in my garden but my biggest fear is she another imaginary thought that she maybe tried the door handle or door bell with poop hands as she picks dog poo up can anybody help? She regularly touches stuff in shops after picking up dog dirt. She doesn’t bother?

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:48 ----------

The only good news is I never made a rash choice to fit a new door as if I had I would need another door

Presumably not with her bare hands?

Dog poo bags work well. I've used many!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Presumably not with her bare hands?

Dog poo bags work well. I've used many!
    A normal carrier bag similar but how would this make it anymore clean the germs would still transfer?

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------

She claims she chapped my glass not touched the door but In that case the door is dirty still

Honestly Phil, I feel so sorry for your poor Mum and the interrogations she must get from you!
    Of course she didn’t get dog poo on your door handle. You need to stop, take a few deep breaths and try and think rationally.
    Then if it helps, wipe the door handle - but that’s all you need to do.

The letterbox still worries me.

The plumber touching the taps and door handles mean I now wash my hands after touching them I’ve not properly cleaned it yet.

Eventually I get a new door anyway I mean yes I can touch stuff it looks clean, smells clean from the letter box but in my head I believe that envolope was from the wheelie bin there’s just no way to be sure.

I don’t know how I can get over it some days now I don’t feel too anxious about it other days it’s bad. The cupboard issue I posted a while ago at the start of the thread the good news is I don’t have these thoughts on my mind anymore and for weeks and many pages of this thread I believed the cupboard was dirty but these thoughts seem to have passed.

Well that’s encouraging that you don’t mind about the cupboard anymore. I expect you’ll feel like that about the letterbox soon too.

Just go ahead and clean the stuff the plumber touched so that you can get on without that added layer of anxiety. Although they’ll be fine, it was ages since he visited.

How do you feel about your girlfriend picking up things from the letterbox or using the taps the plumber touched?

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Well that’s encouraging that you don’t mind about the cupboard anymore. I expect you’ll feel like that about the letterbox soon too.

Just go ahead and clean the stuff the plumber touched so that you can get on without that added layer of anxiety. Although they’ll be fine, it was ages since he visited.

How do you feel about your girlfriend picking up things from the letterbox or using the taps the plumber touched?

I’ve not had much in the cupboard so maybe that’s why but the worry has definitely eased. I feel the last therapy session I had helped more than usual.

I don’t mind he touching stuff it’s only if I touch it Duno why?

Problem is I would probably have the door replaced if I had cash or get more in future anyway. I mean I’ve not had as much worry about the letter box it’s not been as consistent as before the thoughts that’s because my head has been worrying about the honeymoon and wedding suit so that’s been on my mind instead. I rarely feel “chilled” these days I feel i alwyas need some kind of worry

Everything being contaminated just depresses me I fear I will have a rubbish wedding and I will feel forever rubbish until I get a new door. I just don’t seem to believe that the envlope never came from the bin. I mean I had a book come through the door I since moved that around the house but I don’t really use it. The worst feeling is the bank cards because they are on me so I feel i don’t get a break from these germs I believe the wallet is dirty the cards and it makes me feel awful. Like my life is doomed. If I knew for a fact it was in bin it would be easier but problem is I believe it is fact regardless having something from the letter box feels awful. I mean I even thought about replacing the door but i would worry it wouldn’t look as nice a door, potentially I may have these Thoughts every time something comes in the letter box no escape even the therapy is not curing my fear!

Page 34 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread Information