Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling detached

Red face Feeling like a video game

PM
    Does anybody with DP feel any of this?

*Your life is a PlayStation VR video game and you are part of it?

*Your life is a fix fate destiny all that stuff

*You worry what your brain will think next and worry how the mind works?

*You feel Your life is a video game and nobody else’s life is real like you have a life and see people however you feel nobody else is actually living and anybody living experiences there own “VR” video game or movie of life?

And if so can anybody give me any advice on how I can feel better?

Re: Feeling like a video game

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    PM
    Does anybody with DP feel any of this?

*Your life is a PlayStation VR video game and you are part of it?

*Your life is a fix fate destiny all that stuff

*You worry what your brain will think next and worry how the mind works?

*You feel Your life is a video game and nobody else’s life is real like you have a life and see people however you feel nobody else is actually living and anybody living experiences there own “VR” video game or movie of life?

And if so can anybody give me any advice on how I can feel better?
    Anxiety & depression cause a lot of self analysis so having thoughts about the meaning of life and fate is likely common. I know I had that.

I was a BA/project manager and that really got under my skin in my relapse. I felt that my life was a set of tasks/milestones. I spent at least the first year ticking off boxes every day.

I also had the "how to create a thought to move a limb" stuff which plagued me early on. Eating, standing, walking, etc. It even became about "how to create a thought to create a thought".

I found this is a stage of overthinking. Aside from the grounding you can try for DP.DR, Mindfulness helps with this as you learn to steer your mind away from obsessive thinking. Bringing down overall anxiety levels helps to reduce obsessive-compulsive cycles. Creating more healthy practices in your life that take you out of safe spaces and enrich your life or add distractions.

Red face Depersonlization?

I’ve been feeling things like unreality and feeling I’m not human or it’s strange to be human ect and superstition and fate is this depersonalization?

Re: Feeling detached

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Phill this is the 3rd time I have merged your similar threads about depersonalisation, please take note of the above post..

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I’ve felt a sense of unreality like for a few days but I’ve just moved house

But past week or two I’ve just experienced solipsism for first time. Before this I also had a feeling where I became obessed with what I would do next or what my mind would think and also my life being a fix or fate ect.

The DP was so bad when I first moved house 5 weeks ago I was unable to go to a concert.

But at the moment I feel a lot of this solipsism like nobody else exists or nobody else is living a life

It’s a horrible feeling but all goes back to feeling detcached. Watching the news sometimes helps bring some realism back. I mean
    It wouldn’t make much sense for a big world to be all solipsism it’s a bit of a shallow thought.

But I guess big life events like moving home can trigger this? I already have bad ocd and anxiety and sometimes panic attacks..

Anybody relate to this ?

---------- Post added at 22:29 ---------- Previous post was at 22:28 ----------

I wonder if finding a new hobby would help?

---------- Post added at 22:33 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

Thing is I have been busy unpacking so you would think my mind would be off the DP?

Re: Anxious in crowds

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Does anybody get anxious in crowds or have depersonalisation or brain fog or feel you struggle to cope but it passes after an hour or two?
    Yes I get this at school everyday !!

Is it normal with DP to question meaning of life like why am I here why is everybody else aswell as feeling nobody else is real?

What’s the best way to challenge these thoughts?

Phil, this is all normal for anxiety and DP/DR. You need to try and take control of your thoughts. Reaffirm that everything is real.

Something that helped me was two things, depending on how much time I had.

The first was to sit quietly somewhere, listen to all the individual sounds that you can. See what you can hear, focus on only sounds. When the worrying thoughts come in re: "is this real, is this meant to happen", just let them go and go back to listening for sounds. It will ground you.

My favourite, however, is simply feeling different textures with my fingers! I would sit outside with my coffee and would rub my fingers over the stone wall, it was rough and it really brought me back, it works with any texture really. The key is to try and let the worrying thoughts go and to let yourself experience reality. It works quite quickly if you stick with it.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

You need to take notice of the replies you get Phil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information