Thread: Frequent urge to urinate-is this another anxiety thing?

Frequent urge to urinate-is this another anxiety thing?

I swear my body deals with anxiety in the oddest of ways. My appetite takes a five and my stomach muscles clench tight all the way down to my butt! Lol. I literally can create muscle tension in places without realizing it and it causes a whole host of symptoms.

So last week after being intimate with my hubby, I started to feel like I needed to pee often, but only a little would come out at a time. I have had a few UTIS in the past, so I figured this was the start of one. I went to a clinic where they said it was borderline showing slight infection, so they treated me with an antibiotic. 3 days later it wasn’t better, and wasn’t worse, so they called in a different antibiotic. Again, 3 days later and no change. They gave me a urine culture and sent it off to be tested and changed my antibiotic a 3rd time. 2 days later and no change so far. So of course now I am hyper aware of it and having a hard time calming the anxiety over what could be wrong. We don’t have good health insurance so any testing I have done will be out of pocket. Not even sure who to try and see at this point.

In the past, anciety has caused me a vertigo/dizziness episode that lasted for a couple weeks, internal hemorrhoids that wouldn’t calm because of the amount of tension I was holding. I have had stomach nausea with EVERY health episode I have had, so I end up feeling nauseous and don’t eat so I lose weight quickly. I caught sores on my cheeks from clenching at night and not being aware, etc, etc...the list goes on. So, now, i’m Questioning whether this latest thing is related to anxiety or whether to keep pushing the doctors for answers. At what point do we say “it’s your anxiety again”

Re: Frequent urge to urinate-is this another anxiety thing?

I've definitely had this happen to me! Seriously look at my past threads. It was anxiety for me. I hope you feel better! Feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by Leslie735; 20-09-17 at 22:17.

Thank you for your response. I have read a few posts on this but not sure if it’s all the same. I am sure it could be. It just seems like it came on suddenly when I had no true anxiety. And maybe there was a slight infection going on and now i’m Hyper aware of the feelings so I feel them when I shouldn’t be. I just know no antibiotics have worked and so i’m Pretty sure it’s not actually an infection. Cipro would have knocked pretty much anything out. They’ve sent a sample for culture since there IS blood (but i’m Also spotting before my cycle starts in a couple days). But I seriously think if it was an infection, one of the 3 antibiotics would have worked by now. So if it’s not an infection then what could it be? Only more tests can find out...which just means $$$ again. I just keep praying the Lord will take this away BEFORE I have tons of needless tests this time!

Quote Originally Posted by MommaTom4 View Post
    Thank you for your response. I have read a few posts on this but not sure if it’s all the same. I am sure it could be. It just seems like it came on suddenly when I had no true anxiety. And maybe there was a slight infection going on and now i’m Hyper aware of the feelings so I feel them when I shouldn’t be. I just know no antibiotics have worked and so i’m Pretty sure it’s not actually an infection. Cipro would have knocked pretty much anything out. They’ve sent a sample for culture since there IS blood (but i’m Also spotting before my cycle starts in a couple days). But I seriously think if it was an infection, one of the 3 antibiotics would have worked by now. So if it’s not an infection then what could it be? Only more tests can find out...which just means $$$ again. I just keep praying the Lord will take this away BEFORE I have tons of needless tests this time!
    That is what I took when mine began as well, Cipro. Mine came on the same way. I've always had health anxiety but that the time it started I was doing fine, no real worries or anything. Just showed up. I PM'd you back just in case you didn't know.

Thread Information