Thread: the funny side...

the funny side...

Hi All,

I've suffered from clinical depression and anxiety for about 10 years and take quite a large number of medications to keep it under control including Propanolol, Diazepam, Citalopram, Mirtazapine (I think that's it but there may be more) as I have other meds for hypertension and high cholesterol

I had a rather comical moment yesterday, I'm a fully functional depressive in that I hide it and maintain a driven career without letting on the internal suffering. I had a fairly serious presentation with potential clients c.75 and about 30 mins beforehand took a couple of propranolol to help me cope with stage fright (something I am used to doing), unfortunately, what I thought was propanolol was in fact Diazepam - I can't remember how badly it went but I'm sure that It didn't go well...

I look forward to hearing about any unfortunate moments you may have had

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya BobZheruncle and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: the funny side...

Quote Originally Posted by BobZheruncle View Post
    Hi All,

I had a rather comical moment yesterday, I'm a fully functional depressive in that I hide it and maintain a driven career without letting on the internal suffering. I had a fairly serious presentation with potential clients c.75 and about 30 mins beforehand took a couple of propranolol to help me cope with stage fright (something I am used to doing), unfortunately, what I thought was propanolol was in fact Diazepam - I can't remember how badly it went but I'm sure that It didn't go well...

I look forward to hearing about any unfortunate moments you may have had
    I took a Zopiclone instead of a benzo once Zzzzzzzzzzz

Never Surrender, Comrade

Welcome to the forum, Bob and how refreshing to have a bit of humour in your introductory post!

I bet your talk went down a treat-was it a relaxed performance?! Nowt like a benzo boost for a calm and smooth speech delivery!

Hi Bob and welcome , in my younger days me a few freinds took some Valium as it was called back then for cheap night out , I took a short cut through a building site to the pub , I fell down some footings head first into steelwork , I still went out covered in blood and apparently had a great night out , the next morning I woke up with stitches in my cheek just under my eye , I have no recollection of going to hospital or how I got there or back , thirty years later I still have the momento on my cheek as a reminder, I guess the lesson is dont drink with Di and Pam they'll get you into trouble .
    Let them all eat Valium

Thanks all for your messages of support, I'll try and get involved in more discussions, although may be sporadic as I'm currently in a dark place - no real reason why and it annoys the hell out of me that I can be the life a soul, whilst inside I'm wandering around one of Dante's layers of hell.

Although making people laugh (even at me) does make me feel a little better, so feel free to take the micky as much as you like.

Welcome aboard

We always need more humour around here and for those it helps it's a great way to avoid the despairing side of our disorders.

Reminds me a bit of something my brother did once when he was flued up. He took a dose of Night Nurse...but took it because it was night when he was working a night shift!

Imagine you get the client and later they feedback they preferred the you at the presentation
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 26-07-18 at 19:31.

Thread Information