Thread: Sertraline coming off max dose 200mg brain fogg

Question Sertraline coming off max dose 200mg brain fogg

Hello Everyone

I have taken many types of antidepressants since 2009 ,I ended up on 200mg max dose of sertraline and to be honest they did help me a bit, but I don't think they are a long term solution for me anyway.

I have a problem at moment and dont know whats wrong with me when i go outside or even in the house i feel a heavy feeling it's hard to explain but i can't hardly function or concentrate.

my partner phoned me and she could not understand what i was saying so I decided to se gp and had bloods done they were normal.

at the moment I am on 50mg and feel ok but not perfect as this blarrr feeling is really bad that's the best way i can describe it.

Today I was not to bad I went for bus only a few minutes walk from home, and it started.

I went to local city and it was very bad like can't think properly even struggle to pay bills sometimes its has even affected my balance and speech sometimes.

today it's only started to reduce now its been there since around 12 o'clock and it's now 20.30.

I do have social anxiety and sometimes when in city everything seems to be moving fast and I have to go home on bus asap as i just can't think straight.

I am worried as at present time i am looking for work but know i will struggle to function in a workplace, also i still don't have any interest in things really stuck and just don't know what to do

Has anyone had this issue its being happening on and off for years but seams to be getting worse now thank you for any help or advice

Re: Sertraline coming off max dose 200mg brain fogg

Hi guys just thought i would do an update

After being tired and exhausted I was reading around and some people said low gaba can cause problems.

So I decided to order some gaba supplement but think i ordered the wrong one I really wanted to se if i could improve my situation.

So i ordered 30 to try and within an hour my mood lifted and i had no anxiety I could think better not perfect but much better.

Problem is now i feel bad again no interest in things tired no matter how much sleep I get so no idea if its my garba levels or not but I definitely felt much better for around a week I will update if i can

after doing lots of research I think i may have ADHD makes lots of sense to me so going to dr again asap as things is very difficult to manage and even think straight an focus.

Hi just an update I have heard from mental health at cams and they think I may have adhd.

I am still feeling exactly the same every single day is blarr I have broken things as i am not thinking properly and nearly got knocked down by car.

I am still taking 50mg of sertraline but really don't want to take it I just dont know whats causing the fog not sure how hard it will be to stop 50mg

lately my back has a lot of tension in shoulders and muscles are sore in chest I phoned adhd unit but don't think they can se me sooner any advice i also noticed that most medications dont work for me can this be the sertraline doing this

Thanks for reading

Hi people
    I am now taking zero sertraline and have not for 7 days now but i am starting to feel better. I can now function much better but not perfect.

people have commented how i am looking and speaking better so as far as i know its been the medication.

What i need to know is does any of you people know how long it takes to start to get back to normal again I feel angry now and get emotional i think its three weeks or so but not sure .

I have found out there is twenty people ahead of me before the adhd people can se me.

why gp and other professionals have kept me on this medication for so long i don't know.

I was upset on the phone and even gp seen what i was like but never once said it could be the sertraline.

just hope that this gets sorted out and leaves my system soon

Hello this is an update I have now found out my vitamin D was low so this could have caused issues so its worth getting it checked.

also antidepressants can lower vitamin D over time i wish you luck i know people read threads even though they may not reply

Thread Information