Thread: Better than I expected

Better than I expected

Firstly thankyou to all who replied to my post about CPN [:X]
    I was so worried and scared,but I feel so relieved the lady I saw was nice it was for an assessment to see which treatment would be best.
    At first she suggested group therapy I said no I would just clam up thinking no-one would want to hear my troubles.
    Her main concern was my anxiety and agrophobia until she said what was your childhood like[?]
    My partner said well thats where it all comes from[V]
    I explain my stepfather had abused me then came back to live with us after serving 6 months.He is still in our family now and because I didnt want my daughter to go me and mum no longer speak.
    She asked if I ever recieved any councilling,NO it was all about my older sister,I was just the "Tell Tale" (he used to call me that all the time:()
    I still feel like the bad one who couldn't hold my tongue.It was all my fault for tearing the family apart,my sister was everyones big concern and everyone mad a big fuss.
    I do feel that if I learn to like myself again everything else will come back on its own.At the minute if my own family dont like me why should anyone else:(
    I need to understand how a mum can put a man that did that over her daughter and grand daughter.
    feeling quiet possitive for now xxxxxxxxxxxxx

i am sooo thrilled that you got there and did so well mate,fabulous!I, too, dont understand how a mom cant see what is goin on!BUT in my case, i think she had been thru soooo much ,she couldn;t live with the truth and the reality [hence the booze!]I am now coming round to the idea that my mom is so sad and guilty that ,that is why she has drunk 4 so long!It is her very own cry 4 help.I think to myself,that they were their own person b4 they married and awful things happened to them,and it's an awful knock on effect!We can break the cycle and understand[HARD!]them too!.....Have just re-read this and it sounds too simple!I know what is goin on in my head but find it difficult to put it into words,but hey Dawn you know me!! Love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Hi Dawn

Im so pleased to hear you got through the assessment that really is great news.

Its also good to hear that you are feeling so positive & so you should hun.

Good for you

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
    In & Out Of Your Life
    But Only True Friends
    Will Leave Footprints
    In Your Heart

Thread Information