Thread: Urge to pee

Urge to pee

Hi all

I'm almost certain that this is anxiety related but any reassurance would be appreciated.

Had a very down week last week. Everything has caught up with me. Been through ALOT these past 7 weeks (including a two week stay in hospital, my dad passing away and also dealing with the stress of seeing blood spots in my urine since catheter was removed - since cleared up).

At the end of last week I started to get stomach pains and aches lower down in the pelvic region. I was restless and had trouble sleeping. I also started to get the constant sensation I needed to go for a pee ALL THE TIME! Even when I've just been! It's sooooooo annoying.

I have always suffered with anxiety and the physical symptoms it includes but the peeing thing is new to me.

Had 2 urine tests done recently. No infections. And had numerous blood tests in hospital.

Doc reckons it's possibly an overactive bladder caused by anxiety or an overactive bladder post cathetre (which, even 5 weeks post removal, can be common).

All the physical issues all came together at the end of a very stressful week so I'm certain it's nothing to panic about but was looking for similar stories...

Thanks

Re: Urge to pee

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Inch View Post
    Hi all

I'm almost certain that this is anxiety related but any reassurance would be appreciated.

Had a very down week last week. Everything has caught up with me. Been through ALOT these past 7 weeks (including a two week stay in hospital, my dad passing away and also dealing with the stress of seeing blood spots in my urine since catheter was removed - since cleared up).

At the end of last week I started to get stomach pains and aches lower down in the pelvic region. I was restless and had trouble sleeping. I also started to get the constant sensation I needed to go for a pee ALL THE TIME! Even when I've just been! It's sooooooo annoying.

I have always suffered with anxiety and the physical symptoms it includes but the peeing thing is new to me.

Had 2 urine tests done recently. No infections. And had numerous blood tests in hospital.

Doc reckons it's possibly an overactive bladder caused by anxiety or an overactive bladder post cathetre (which, even 5 weeks post removal, can be common).

All the physical issues all came together at the end of a very stressful week so I'm certain it's nothing to panic about but was looking for similar stories...

Thanks
    Anxiety can most certainly cause an overactive bladder and cause the sensation that you still need to pee, even when you've just been. It's highly likely in your case that it's anxiety due to your good test results and doctors assurance. It might be worth noting, if your a lady, it could be cystitis too.

Thread Information