Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little red/purple spots

Little red/purple spots

Hi,
    I think I did post about this already but just wanted to ask a different question.
    I've got those bright red, slightly raised little spots, mainly on my tummy and some on my chest. Some of them have been there years, and I had a full blood count thing done a few years ago and they would have been there then (some of them anyway). So I've pretty much rationalised that they're those cherry/ruby spots I've seen others post about and not overly worried. But then I get these little purple ones that disappear within a few days and those are the ones freaking me out. I'm definitely not gonna Google, but does anyone else get those? I don't know if it's maybe cos I've itched there and maybe pinched myself, but I've had a couple I've noticed that go away. Like a tiny little purpley dot. I've only noticed them in the past few weeks and only had two, (and yes I'm skin scanning every day). So yes, they disappear unlike the red ones.
    Anyone have those sometimes?
    Thanks x

Re: Little red/purple spots

I got my knickers in a right old twist about these spots a few months ago. Convinced I'd got something nasty, I took myself and said spots to the GP who quickly dismissed them as nowt. Come to think of it, I remember seeing them on my mum. I really don't think it's anything for you to worry about.

Thanks NoraB. Did you get little purpley ones too that fade away?
    Thanks

Funnily enough I have these are urs like little red pinpricks?x

Quote Originally Posted by LF87 View Post
    Thanks NoraB. Did you get little purpley ones too that fade away?
    Thanks
    I've had all sorts but gave up scanning my skin as soon as the GP said it was nothing. He even did that hand wafting thing, he was THAT unbothered lol.

I sometimes have little burst blood vessels on my arms and legs that are purple then fade.

I really don't think you've got anything to worry about but if you want some reassurance, go see your GP and ask for a full blood count to be done again. Perhaps that will set your mind at rest?

Yes emnemz, some of them are teeny and some a little bigger but they're a bright red. I'm not too bothered as I've had them such a long time.
    It's the little purple ones that pop up every now and then that worry me. But i guess anything that fades probably isn't anything scary? I might go just get it all looked at again. I need to stop skin scanning :/ I probably get stuff like that all the time but never noticed. Because you genuinely wouldn't see them unless you looked hard enough. Maybe it's if I've been itching there? Might have just irritated the vessels? I dunno it's weird!

I have lots of those cherry angiomas, but I also get the purpley ones too that last a few days then go. I mentioned them to my GP when my HA was at its peak and he told me they're nothing to worry about. I tend to get them more near my inner elbows or (tmi) knicker line (I imagine from friction), but I've currently got a couple on my inner, lower arm that aren't from friction but no doubt they'll be gone again in a few days.

Thanks guys. I've gone from slightly anxious today to full scale panic.
    I have had a cough and cold for about a week now, and feeling generally unwell. Coupled with these spots I'm freaking out. I also have a new itchy spot that just popped up, which has what has sent me into a spiral. I noticed someone wrote something about a swollen spleen as well, and for as long as I can remember my right side of abdomen feels uncomfortable. I'm in full panic. It's an itchy spot. I have had a couple little pimple things on my tummy but never really paid attention to them but now one of them is itchy. I'm so scared. Can anyone help I'm so scared of leukemia now

at my last Dermatologist appointment I asked specifically about the little "cherry marks" on my abdomen. I was told they are angiomas and unlike some moles, will NEVER turn bad. I left it at that.

Thanks.
    Do you have different sizes ones? They're really stressing me, keep checking them all the time :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information