Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd dose of vaccine swollen lymph node

2nd dose of vaccine swollen lymph node

Hi I was after a bit of advice if any one could help, I had my 2nd dose of pfizer vaccine 2 weeks ago, I got a very sore arm which felt like it was going into neck but when I felt neck my lymph node just above collar bone was swollen and felt sore,I left it a few days to see if was vaccine and it didn't really change Except for less pain in it, I went to see a nurse practitioner end of last week who thought it probably was vaccine related as I'm 99% sure it wasn't there before, she has referred me for a ultrasound on it, it has gone down but still there sometime feel bigger than other times, I am very worried its something more serious, and do lymph nodes take time to go down, also has anyone had a lymph node swell with vaccine or could it make it, thanks so much, toria xx

Re: 2nd dose of vaccine swollen lymph node

Quote Originally Posted by toria View Post
    Hi I was after a bit of advice if any one could help, I had my 2nd dose of pfizer vaccine 2 weeks ago, I got a very sore arm which felt like it was going into neck but when I felt neck my lymph node just above collar bone was swollen and felt sore,I left it a few days to see if was vaccine and it didn't really change Except for less pain in it, I went to see a nurse practitioner end of last week who thought it probably was vaccine related as I'm 99% sure it wasn't there before, she has referred me for a ultrasound on it, it has gone down but still there sometime feel bigger than other times, I am very worried its something more serious, and do lymph nodes take time to go down, also has anyone had a lymph node swell with vaccine or could it make it, thanks so much, toria xx
    It wouldn’t be unusual at all for lymph nodes to swell after receiving a vaccine. A vaccine is designed to mimic an infection, this in turn triggers your immune system.

Your lymph nodes are part of that system, they enlarge due to the production of immune cells called lymphocytes. When your immune system is triggered, your lymph nodes produce more of these lymphocytes to fight infection.

If the swelling has subsided then it’s highly unlikely to be of any concern. You’ll probably find that all the poking and prodding is now what’s causing the enlargement to this particular node. Try to leave it alone and it’ll most likely reduce in size.

It’s actually super common after the Pfizer and moderna vaccines. They’ve even told women not to schedule their mammograms within like 4-6 weeks of the vaccine to give the nodes time to return to normal. Completely expected! Try not to panic and poke at it.

Thats very interesting Glassgirl, about the mammo advice too. I'm sure Toria must be totally reassured after reading that its entirely normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Thats very interesting Glassgirl, about the mammo advice too. I'm sure Toria must be totally reassured after reading that its entirely normal.
    I have researched these vaccines SO MUCH lol while deciding if I was going to get vaccinated. And yes I thought this was super interesting too. I’ll see if I can find that article and link it, about the mammograms.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-pro...e/faq-20508266

here it is!! From Mayo Clinic which is one of the most trusted cancer centers here in the states, so I feel like it’s a reliable source. Mayo isn’t specifically recommending to hold off on mammograms but they do say to make sure and tell your radiologist if you’ve had the vaccine and in what arm - so they know to expect the swollen lymph nodes if seen on the scan.

Wow thanks so much all of you, its the Same side I got vaccine in , that is very interesting about the mammograms, I am really trying not to touch it but I feel the need to see if it's still there which I know it is, and it's reassuring to know it might take a good 4 to 6 weeks to go down I'm panicking because it's taking time, thanks so much, toria xx

I understand your worry, Toria. Luckily you have a direct cause and effect for this symptom and it’s been documented across the globe - so try really hard to ignore it and not poke at it, it will go back down in its own time.

Also try not to get too bogged down with the recent media hype about certain other side-effects, which have now mostly been disproven.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information