Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Stomach worries

Re: Stomach worries

Hi everyone,

Went to the doctors today to receive my test results - it seems I've tested positive for helicobacter pylori.

So a massive course of antibiotics and it should hopefully be cleared up. Thank you everyone for your support over the past few months. You've been awesome

Hi,
    really glad to hear you've finally got a diagnosis and I hope the AB's do their job very quickly
    Best wishes
    X

Glad that you found out finally what the cause was. Hope the antibiotics kick in soon!

Brilliant news that they found a cause and that you can get on the mend

Thanks everyone

Certainly started to feel a little better these past 24 hours - it would seem they're doing their job.

In the meantime, I've started my first session of CBT counselling for health anxiety. Not much to report on that front so far, we've sort of just set out my goals and what we're going to be doing. Fingers crossed it helps with the anxiety for future episodes.

Happy Sunday, everyone

Hi everyone, struggling a bit today. Finished course of antibiotics last night, but this morning I've woken up with a slight stomach ache and had to run to loo.

It doesn't help that today is my partner's father's funeral. So I'm logically trying to attribute it to that.

Happy thoughts, everyone

Remember also that antibiotics can mess with the gut also, I would imagine with a stressful event today even non-anxious people may find themselves with a stomach ache. My deepest condolences to your partner and yourself.

Positive vibes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Yeah, you're right. Just wish I had started taking the antibiotics later as now they're over and I'm feeling achey, I'm worried it hasn't gone or there is something worse afoot

So more updates - still having the odd stomach ache but nowhere near as constant as it was a few weeks ago.

However, the last few days I've had the weirdest symptoms in my back passage area that's put me even more on edge. Itchy and uncomfortable in the entrance, whilst I've
    also had deep aches in the bones (if there are such things) in both bum cheeks, along as at the bottom of the spine making it really hard to sit comfortably.

You can probably guess where this goes now - I'm scared that it's tumours in the back passage that are pressing on the bones, or moved into them. :(

There are SO many things it could be.... IBS, bacterial imbalance, anxiety, some sort of food intolerance.... the serious stuff is bottom of the list. Did your stool sample come back negative for blood? If so, that makes the serious stuff EVEN more unlikely. What is your doctor’s opinion?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information