Thread: Panic attack starting with intense emotional feeling

Panic attack starting with intense emotional feeling

Hi just want to check if anyone has had these symptoms a panic attack starting with an intense emotion like love happiness anger,despai I have had a few of these lately and never experienced it before, I have panic attacks for years and normally the negative thoughts start them off but I have had it a few times it's my emotional feelings that have caused them, has anyone had any of these or can someone help me to understand it thanks Reeny

Re: Panic attack starting with intense emotional feeling

It's still the thoughts.

you are probably sensitized to nervous feedback. That is to say your body and mind will react quicker and stronger to sensations. Like at the end of a busy day when your nerves are on edge.

When you have a strong emotion your mind starts saying thoughts like "oh god what does this mean? This can't be normal! It shouldn't be like this. Is this a threat?".

So you might get a strong emotion from some source then mind interprets it in terms of a threat to the system.

Thanks inconito....was wondering what was going on, your right am on high alert all the time.

Reeny

I know my panic attacks are with crying. I feel an intense emotion of sadness and I cant stop crying, then I panic and cant breath properly.

Is that what you mean? Because yes I think it can be normal to feel sad or distressed when having an attack.

it's like I have a really strong emotion that is almost going to take over me and I freak out that I am not going to be able to control the emotion, like anger seemed intensified to that I am not going to be able to control it, feeling of sadness intensified to I can't go on anymore, it's like my emotions are extremely strong and i feel i can't control them which flings me right into a panic attack :(

Hi Reeny
    It must be a day for panic attacks. I feel for you. Had a bad couple of days myself though I do feel a bit better now. Snoodlester started a group hug for those feeling bad today. I don't normally subscribe to the touchy freely stuff but I need it today so here's a big hug for you!
    Hope you feel better soon
    Sal x

Thanks Sal....I appreciate your kind words hopefully better day tomorrow for everyone.

Reeny x

Anxiety and emotion are bound to one another. Blips are times of high emotion: fear, anger, sadness, even joy, elation and victory. Focus on how you react to your emotions as you are probably letting them lead you. Being emotion-led allows you to experience life in a deep and powerful way, but it is like trusting your life-boat to the ocean's currents: fun for a while, but you could end up off the coast of Korea, and no-one wants that.

My apologies to Fat Yung-Sue or whatever his name is for offending the honour of North Korea.

EDIT: Actually, "knackers" to him, the fat-faced whinger, and "my bare bottom" to North Korea.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Psychopoet
    Thank you so much for the laugh you've just given me. I think I'm set up for the day!
    Hope everyone is feeling better today.

Thread Information